Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lady Death question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
A friend of a friend picked up new Lady Death 2 packs by 5Finity and he was told that there were 6 "promos" randomly inserted in the packs, numbered 1LD2, 2LD2, etc. some numbered only up to between 150 and 50

Does anyone know about these ? Are they chase cards or true promos ?

Posts: 4002 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if it's exclusivly found in the packs it's a insert and not a promo.

Posts: 97 | Location: Australia | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's an inserted premium promo.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have also seen on the auction sites 3
"promos" for Cherry Poptart by 5Finity. People are asking ALOT of money for them. Were these also pack inserted ? If so, where ?

I know that there was the 1 Cherry promo at Ed's Oct 2012 Non Sport show, but these seem to be different.

I may post this question in the General Promo Section, also

Posts: 4002 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are Cherry promos and base (chase) cards. The chase cards were pack inserted, and some are quite limited -- one was limited to 25 copies.

Also there are promos for Cherry. I don't know all the avenues promos were released (The Chicago show is one), but the expensive ones you are seeing are probably the 'early pay' incentive promos. People who pre-ordered Cherry and paid within a certain short period of time received the promos. I'm not sure how many of those were made, but they are tough.

Posts: 5412 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For Lady Death 2, a lot of people have started calling them "base" cards instead of promos or inserts. Three of them also are inserted as serial-numbered variants: "48, each of 3 cards numbered to 10, to 5, or 1/1":

1LD2 - One of 500 - I've seen x/10 and 1/1
2LD2 - One of 200 - I've seen 1/1
3LD2 - One of 100 - I've seen x/5
4LD2 - One of 150
5LD2 - One of 100
6LD2 - One of 50

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just to follow up, Steve from 5Finity has said that, in his view, these Lady Death pack inserts are chase cards, not promos, despite what people on ebay call them.

Same with the C1-C5 pack inserts on Cherry Poptart, they are chase cards, not promos

However, the 3 Cherry cards sent to dealers in advance ARE promos, and say "Super Promo" on the backs. Only 25 sets made. I have seen alot of these on ebay. It doesn't seem that people are willing to spend $75-150 per set, despite the fact that they are limited