Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Is this normal? Buffy A4 Auto question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this normal? Buffy A4 Auto question.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted

I bought this card a few months back from a seller I know is legit, they are one of UK companies that bought out all of Inkworks inventory when they went bust.
I've bought lots of cards from them, so I'm not worried. I'm just wondering how many are like that without the Inkworks seal on the top right corner, as all the others I've seen do have it.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough the one I used to own was the same and I didn't even notice...I believe I got mine from tomunique.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Very interesting.
I also didn't noticed it till today when I was scanning it in, and thought it looked strange next to my others. Then I realised it didn't have the seal.

So when you say "used to own" does that mean you don't have it anymore? Do you now have one with the seal?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
When I was doing a search to see what else I could find in the completed listings, I noticed one by tomunique go for just $9.00+shipping Eek
How did I miss that? Twak

posted Hide Post
Never thought of it till you brought the subject up, but checked, and mine is the same

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have this card and it is the only auto I pack pulled from season one or two and it has the Inkworks seal on it.

Maybe they only put the seal on the cards held in reserve when they were sent out Confused .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's the only Buffy Season 1 auto I have and it does have the seal on it. I bought it from Ebay but I don't remember who the seller was.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of James7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I bought this card a few months back from a seller I know is legit

Even legit sellers can occasionally get counterfeit goods without realizing it.

Posts: 34 | Location: USA | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yes, very true.
But this one looks and feels the same as every other Buffy Auto I have, except that it doesn't have the Inkworks seal.

I'm more inclined to think that it was leftover stock, some of Inkworks' inventory that they bought.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I was talking to a dealer some time ago who mentioned that the Elisa Dushku FAITH autograph has two versions like this. The ones pulled from boxes are the 'originals' with the seal and the Razor autos do not have the seal, although the cards are otherwise the same. The consensus was that the 'sealed' autos are worth more, but I'm not sure I agree with this or not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardaddict,

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
The consensus was that the 'sealed' autos are worth more, but I'm not sure I agree with this or not.

I don't own enough of the Buffy cards to know if there are two versions, but assuming that there are ones with and without seals, the value difference probably depends on the collector's opinion. There would be two main schools of thought.

If the majority of cards had seals, you could make the argument that cards without seals are a variant and are rarer in number. That would mean that there should be a premium because there are fewer to find.

However, in this case I would prefer to have a card with the seal, even if it could be determined that they are in greater number. My reasoning is simple, if you ever wanted to sell or trade an unsealed card, you would have to have this conversation with the buyer. Big Grin

Better to have as little doubt of authenticity as possible, even when it is good. Wink

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Speaking on Buffy variants...does anyone own a Felicia Day auto that has British in quotes on the back instead of quirky?

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think if you peal the sticker off the back of your Felicia Day card you'll find the 'British' text. But I don't recommend doing that!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I think if you peal the sticker off the back of your Felicia Day card you'll find the 'British' text. But I don't recommend doing that!

I didn't even notice that there was a sticker...I'll have to check that out. I was also under the impression that some of the cards were released with British in the quotes.

I know the Angel auto has one to correct his dog's name I believe, but there are versions with the wrong name out there.