Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    International Shipping Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

International Shipping Help
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I've just come across a US auction on Ebay where the seller says he'll ship overseas, but when I try to buy or bid on the item Ebay says it cannot be shipped overseas and contacting the seller is prohibited. Can someone please help. Thanks.

#

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've had this problem numerous times and not worked out if there is a way to contact the seller, I'd be interested in finding out if it's possible.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there is no way I can contact the seller. I tried to create a US account, but they wanted to confirm my account via phone. As it was a dummy number that leaves me back to square one.

I've had the exact same message before. I realise the seller is new, but there is nothing more frustrating than getting that message. Though I would like to know why it occurs only with some US members and not others. Thanks for replying Treksearcher.

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I suggest you contact a US member here and ask them to contact the seller to change the listing to worldwide.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Graham, I have thought about that, but as I'm still fairly new I don't know anyone and I didn't want to be too intrusive asking random members. Can you recommend anyone? Thanks again.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I have sent the seller a note advising them that if they want to have Internationial biddders see and bid on their items, they need to offer a shipping option. Hope this helps.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much igman, I really appreciate the effort you went to.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have come across this problem several times myself and I usually contact the seller via the "Ask a Question" facility asking them if they would accept a bid from outside the US. On most occasions I receive a favourable answer with the shipping sorted out if I am successful. I have been so I know it works. I have also experienced one seller (twice) not only not answering the question but also removing the items from the site.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The seller sent me a note that he was changing his shipping to allow international bids. Good luck!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big thanks Igman, your e-mail did the trick and I managed to buy it. I really appreciate the effort you went to.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I have come across this problem several times myself and I usually contact the seller via the "Ask a Question" facility asking them if they would accept a bid from outside the US. On most occasions I receive a favourable answer with the shipping sorted out if I am successful. I have been so I know it works. I have also experienced one seller (twice) not only not answering the question but also removing the items from the site.

regards

John

Hi John

Sometimes sellers have their settings set up so that you can't even send them a question using the Ask a Question facility if you are an International buyer, this is the problem Cobalt_Blue was having and I have had in the past.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt_Blue:
Big thanks Igman, your e-mail did the trick and I managed to buy it. I really appreciate the effort you went to.

Not a problem, I saw that it had sold and was hoping that you were able to snag it. Good luck on the break!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

regards

John

Hi John

Sometimes sellers have their settings set up so that you can't even send them a question using the Ask a Question facility if you are an International buyer, this is the problem Cobalt_Blue was having and I have had in the past.

Treksearcher

Of course you are absolutely correct, I too have experienced that problem which I had forgotten.

Many thanks for the reminder.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
The seller sent me a note that he was changing his shipping to allow international bids. Good luck!

And he actually did so later that day. The seller was a newbie, and probably didn't even realize his settings were screwed up. Cobalt_Blue, it looks like you went back to the same guy for a second copy, so it proves that a seller is wise to be responsive when Igman7 points things out to him!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post