Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Jaws card set (wishing...)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jaws card set (wishing...)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted
While checking out one of my lightly viewed "Jaws" related sights, I rean across this fake set of Jaws cards. Looks nice.

http://jawsmovie.com/2008/09/1...rds-just-like-topps/

A few years back someone on here made a mock up set including sketch, auto, costume and prop cards. Wonder if this is from the same fella (sorry..cannot remember who did it anymore).

This set CAN be done and there would be a great demand for it (at least from me! Enjoy...

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
You should see the master archifou at work if you liked that set......I couldn't tag the pictures for the cards were done but they are awesome. Check out the "What set would YOU release?" chain to see Jaws Bladerunner, TV Batman and more great dream cards.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Cool Jaws site! Didn't know about this one. Thanks!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Right!...Archifou is the person I was originally referring to. His mock ups are the tops (Topps) Get it? I was the chap who initially mentioned that I would like to see some and voila-he created them. Darn, I wish they were real. I would spend what $$$ I have on them.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
He makes the best non non-sport cards here. Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the nice comments about my mock-ups Smile I also created a new insert about Jaws card set called Movie Storyboard Card, wish we can have a premium for this set.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Archifou makes the best cards never made! Big Grin

Actually, the cards in the blog post look really nice too.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Archifou makes the best cards never made!

You make me blush Red Face

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the Jaws 35th Anniversary was last year so they missed the window on a special set... perhaps in 4 years for the 40th?

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well the Jaws 35th Anniversary was last year so they missed the window on a special set... perhaps in 4 years for the 40th?

Count me in for making a set Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ed love these cards,don t know if anyone noticed but i m a big fan of one of the main characters Wink the #56 of Susan Backlinie is a great card,on ebay right now is a 2011 pop century autograph of Richard Dreyfuss as Matt Hooper

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I ed love these cards,don t know if anyone noticed but i m a big fan of one of the main characters Wink the #56 of Susan Backlinie is a great card,on ebay right now is a 2011 pop century autograph of Richard Dreyfuss as Matt Hooper

Let me guess... you like Mayor Vaughn? Wink

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:

Let me guess... you like Mayor Vaughn? Wink

not quite nicnac (you were great in man with the golden gun by the way) but i did like mayor vaughn in spielbergs 1941 Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
not quite nicnac ( you were great in man with the golden gun by the way) but i did like mayor vaughn in spielbergs 1941 Razz

LOL If only they spelled my name right... Nick Nack Confused