Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Pokemon rules (apparently)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pokemon rules (apparently)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
Just for amusement value I like to sort the 'bay into "dearest first" category just to see what fantastic deals are being offered. I thought that it was interesting to note that of the top 8 listings, five were for Pokemon. Does it show that the old game is not dead yet, or does it just reflect the dreams of a handful of people who still think that a Charizard card is the most sought after piece of cardboard in the world?

....and another thing, Buy It Now's accounted for 909,386 listings while auctions only were just 65,397.

Do you prefer to buy with a BIN or does auctions have a greater appeal?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: btlfannz,

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
....and another thing, Buy It Now's accounted for 909,386 listings while auctions only were just 65,397.

Do you prefer to buy with a BIN or does auctions have a greater appeal?

Auctions have greater appeal because you think you are more likely to get bargains and there is that adrenaline rush when you are sitting at the close waiting to snipe and you win.

The other side of it is that you don't get as many bargains as you think because the price is generally rung up to the going rate by the end, you might even wind up overpaying, plus you will very often lose the auction and the item altogether. Big Grin

As a result of losing many auctions, I am now quite happy to take what I feel are reasonable BINs and save my time and my adrenaline for something else. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post