Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What level of a promo card collector are you? Or do you collect them at all?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What level of a promo card collector are you? Or do you collect them at all?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Only for sets I am building. I have a lot that no one ever seems to come knocking for. I doubt any are worth anything, as I never actively chased any, but it'd be great if they could end up on someone's collection that actually enjoys them.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
This is a great topic and helps us promo collectors know a bit more about each others beginnings and passion (or lack there of) , for collecting promos.
I started collecting sets back in the early 90's and would often want a promo to complete the set. Then I happened to be in the right place at the right time and asked at a local card store, do you have any promos?
The bloke said one moment, went to the back storeroom and came back with a box FULL of promos, sell sheets etc, and I was hooked. Promo cards became my passion and yes, as many other collectors here have mentioned, I enjoy the hunt, searching and asking around for those elusive promo cards that you know are out there, but just can't seem to find.
Promo card collecting teaches stuff about yourself...Patience, Diligence, Investigation and cataloging skills, and the chance to connect with like-minded folks from all over the world, who happily will share info, trade cards, and generally help with you trying to fill the gaps in your ever expanding collection.
I collect all promo cards, prototypes, mail-ins, convention exclusives, anything promo related, but really, just trying to complete the main checklist...Todd Jordan's 2008 PCE, that book has traveled all over the world with me, that's my main goal, and it's just FUN
Happy to be a Promo Card Collector

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I collect for the sets I'm buying and also RA, inkworks & Breygent promo's. I did try and collect Cryptozoic as well but some of theirs have been too rare and pricey. I also have a ton of other promo's from shows & NSU that I "collect".

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
I used to collect only to complete my master sets.
I collect Outlander cards and those are expensive. Most likely the one I prefer with reasonable prices.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post