Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    2014 Garbage Pail Kids Comic inserts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Garbage Pail Kids Comic inserts
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I have seen these:

4 card set, 1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc. They parody old comic books. What comics did they come in ? Anyone know ?

Card SP1 and black bordered SP1 variant;
How tough is the variant to find ? They seem to be going for $ 50. Did this come in a recent comic ? What issue, and what was the ratio of the variant card, 1 in 20 ???

Any other 2014 GPK comic inserts ???

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
These were recently released by IDW and can probably be purchased at comic books stores. There may have been some at the NYCC.

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Any idea what the insert ratio was for the black variant ?

Someone posted on Facebook that there is also a rare RED variant on the SP1

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
No... I just called my local comic store. They had 3 sealed books left and are holding them for me.

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What issues were these in ?

Someone said the SP1 also comes in a gold border version

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My mistake--the 4 card set I saw was an insert set in the 2014 Series 2 packs, didn't come in the comics

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
SP1 and the black variant are in the IDW comics.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there is also an SP2 regular and black bordered variant, and now an SP3 with regular (white), a black variant, and a super rare yellow variant !

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tom, looks like both SP2 and 3 have hard to find yellow variants