Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Non Sport Card manufacturer Ephemera
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non Sport Card manufacturer Ephemera
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know it's not worth much, but I still like it.

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

You brought up Kitchen Sink Press. To celebrate its 20th anniversary in 1989 the company gave out at least two different pins.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Lately, I have been concentrating on documenting various aspects of non sports card collecting of the past 30 years.
For example, I was looking through some older stuff and rediscovered a Card Collector's Album manufactured by Impel with 2 types of empty 9 card sheets inside. The sheets have either the word "Impel" or the words "Impel POLYPRO" (with a trademark sign), pre-printed on the lower corners in solid Blue ink. The album is unremarkable except for the words " Impel Collector's Album emblazoned on the spine and the front. It is grey and blue.I didn't remember that Impel had its own album and storage pages.

Do you know of other card manufacturers' proprietary products, albums or sheets not dealing with a particular release?
Have you come across any promotional pamphlets, brochures, correspondence or any other type of ephemera(not cards or sell sheets) which advertises or promotes the manufacturer rather than one of its specific product or license.
I believe this kind of stuff needs to be documented for future generations of card collectors especially the kind emanating from the older, now defunct, manufacturers such as Impel; Skybox; Collect-A Card and Kitchen Sink to name a few and there is no better place than here to document what's still out there.

Posts: 4393 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Companies put blank filler cards in packs to stop people from feeling for the costume card.

I have a couple from Fleer that just advertise Fleer as opposed to a set.

Following up from Wolfie's comment above, recently when sorting through a box of assorted cards I came across a batch of these filler cards (18 different). They are a mixture of Inkworks, Fleer and Upper Deck and I probably have more in other boxes yet to be sorted.

I have shown images of the two Fleer cards as below:-

This has a darker front with a brown board back.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

whilst this one has a lighter front with a white back.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

The two filler cards for Inkworks are for Angel and Buffy Season Six. The twelve Upper Deck cards are all different and in two thicknesses.

I acquired the cards as they were used by sellers as packing when sending me cards. From what I can tell the earliest has a date of 2002 and the latest 2007. I probably received them more than 10 years ago. These days I receive promo cards or white card being used as packing.
regards

John

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

Do you know of other card manufacturers' proprietary products, albums or sheets not dealing with a particular release?

I have some binders that were from ArtBox. If I remember right, they were included in some of the SDCC swag bags from ArtBox
a few years ago.

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post