Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Trek 2009 Paramount Promo Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek 2009 Paramount Promo Set
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted
How many of these do you speculate are out there? Since 100 were obtained by Rittenhouse, and the rest were God knows where? Thanks.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The 100 Rittenhouse distributed are the only ones we can guarantee went into collections.

So many of these promotional items go into a desk drawer or right into file 13. Shame really, but like all things collectible they wouldn't be hard to find if everything was kept.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Is that the set numbered to PP20, with the tough one to get the flash drive or something like that?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Here is one image. If you want to see the whole set you can go here:

http://jklm.net/atn/cbsmoviecards.html

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Just curious, but it looks like RH produced these. Why would we think there is more than the 100 advertised? If there is, is there something different about the 100?

Don't know much about this one, just looking for more info.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
RA did produce them. I can't be more exact, for some reason I wasn't very detectivy in getting details at the time. They made about 2000 sets (though not that many of the USB singles). These were commissioned by CBS to send out to websites and other promotion venues for the movie. They sent RA 100 sets back, most of which as I recall was the 19 card sets, minus the USBs though there were some sets of those. I know Philly Show got one as a giveaway.
As Ed points out, any of the ones I have seen are from RA and not from CBS. I'm sure they're out there but the people who have them must not perceive them as collectibles.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I have a set. When I attended the 50th Phillie show, Rittenhouse was giving away a few of these in a drawing, and I won a set. No USB card, but very cool none the less.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post