Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse Rewards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
All of mine are from loads of different releases, only 2 sets are a case worth, do you think they would accept all of these sent in at once?

I dont have more than 2 cases worth of any release... I am also not a dealer lol

Yes, you can send them all together. It's only two cases worth from same release you can't send in to Rittenhouse.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
Does anyone from the UK use the Rewards system? I have dug up my sack of wrappers and was shocked to find I have almost 3000 points...

Howdy,

I use the reward system, but most of the cards I want are either super costly poinst wise or unavailable to the UK. I have quite a few points in my account at the moment with an update from my Marvel Universe packs pending.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
There's someone from the UK that I've helped out for the last couple of years in getting their rewards cards. They just have RA send them to me and then I mail them along. You just need to ask someone to help you out. The additional First Class Internation shipping to get it from the US to UK is typically only $3 or less (unless you wanted tracking). Food for thought.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Unless they have modified the rules since last I checked, you are able to send any ammount of wrappers in. If you have more than two cases of a single product, you need to supply them with an invoice.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
There's someone from the UK that I've helped out for the last couple of years in getting their rewards cards. They just have RA send them to me and then I mail them along. You just need to ask someone to help you out. The additional First Class Internation shipping to get it from the US to UK is typically only $3 or less (unless you wanted tracking). Food for thought.

I appreciate the advice. I did think about something like this but never wanted to put anyone out in any way.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
When in doubt, go right to the source:

How many wrappers may I submit?
    No more than 2 cases worth of wrappers per product may be submitted without proof of purchase.
Source: Rittenhouse Rewards FAQs

I can confirm this works - I have bought 3 cases of the last 9 "normal" releases of RA stargate cards (SG1 S7, S8, 9, 10, SGA S1, S2, S3-4, SG Heroes, SGU S1) plus 2 boxes of SGU S2 (Premium Packs) and with Proof of Purchase RA's been fine with me sending them in. I sent them in season-at-a-time initially, which was expensive even via surface mail from the UK (approx 18 USD per set's worth).

However, I knew I was holidaying in Florida this year so saved up the wrappers for the 5 latest sets up took it with me - less than 10 USD postage for the lot!
Although - a bulging, uneven brown envelope caked in parcel tape - it did look like I was trying to smuggle drugs into the US!

As I only collect Stargate, I currently have nearly 21000 points saved up, but nothing to spend them on...

Please RA: More Stargate cards. Where's SG Heroes base-cards 92+???
:-)

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_G:
Please RA: More Stargate cards. Where's SG Heroes base-cards 92+??? :-)

Yeah, and while you're at it, Where the h#$$ is A70 !!?

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is now $17.50 to get a card shipped from Rittenhouse to the U.K., tried to order the Kirk Heroes and Villains card #55, did not do it. I will have to have a re-think about using my rewards points. I have several thousand more to send but the "rewards" scheme is getting very expensive for non-U.S. collectors.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
It is now $17.50 to get a card shipped from Rittenhouse to the U.K., tried to order the Kirk Heroes and Villains card #55, did not do it. I will have to have a re-think about using my rewards points. I have several thousand more to send but the "rewards" scheme is getting very expensive for non-U.S. collectors.

Has anyone queried the cost with them? It is so far from what the actual cost is ($1.80 postage and approx $2 for jiffy and toploader) that maybe it's an error.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Has anyone queried the cost with them? It is so far from what the actual cost is ($1.80 postage and approx $2 for jiffy and toploader) that maybe it's an error.

They will only send registered now as you can only claim a rewards card once.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:

That's interesting, so how come some sellers on ebay sell multiple copies of the same Rewards Card?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Very strange Confused .I can understand registered for the high value sketches and autos but for a low value card it seems excessive.Surprised anybody bothers with them.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
When they changed to the current charges for postage, Steve said that they had an unusually high percentage of international orders being claimed as never received. Thus, they have to go with tracking and there is no low-cost mail service with tracking from the US.

As for dealers having more than one card, I have customers come to me with rewards cards to trade. They have more points than they need so they get something they don't and trade it for a card they want. Win-Win.

And technically, dealers are not allowed to participate. But if you don't buy direct from Rittenhouse or are not high-profile they don't really know the difference it would seem.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
quote:

That's interesting, so how come some sellers on ebay sell multiple copies of the same Rewards Card?

They're sneaky! Smile

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
I tried to order a Star Trek William Campbell Tribute Card T37 and Star Trek Classic Movies: Heroes and Villains Base card 55 card today but RA cancelled my order.

Still waitng for reply from them.

The cards are not US/canada only. Seems I wasted all this time and money on sending the wrappers in and got more to mail and now I cant get anything.

If you are not in the US/Canada you are better off binning them or selling on eBay

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I hope you get a full and proper apology after sending all those wrappers in (quite an expense). Shake Head

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G6ADC:
I tried to order a Star Trek William Campbell Tribute Card T37 and Star Trek Classic Movies: Heroes and Villains Base card 55 card today but RA cancelled my order.

Still waitng for reply from them.

The cards are not US/canada only. Seems I wasted all this time and money on sending the wrappers in and got more to mail and now I cant get anything.

If you are not in the US/Canada you are better off binning them or selling on eBay

It seems Rittenhouse don't care about International Customers anymore. I've got a couple of thousand points in my Rittenhouse account with about five thousand to send, as you state, is it worth it now paying twice for shipping? Once to send wrappers to the States then to get the card sent back to the U.K.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
The same problem is with the free promo cards. They're US/Can only too. Frown
I might have someone who can get them for me, but this kinda sucks anyway.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Trek TNG Hologram Rewards Redemption H10 card states U.S./Canada only. I'm assuming they are going to close their site to the rest of us.

It will save me a fortune if they don't allow Trek Cards across the Pond. Shake Head Shake Head Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Rittenhouse are aware that people are not happy which is not good news for their business. I'm fairly sure they are trying to think of something to do about it, i know i would be.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post