Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Rittenhouse Rewards
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I'm sure Rittenhouse are aware that people are not happy which is not good news for their business. I'm fairly sure they are trying to think of something to do about it, i know i would be.


They can sell their product in the U.S. so why bother with the rest of us?
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I think I should start a service to forward rewards to those who can't get them. It will be called: `Where Rittenhouse should send their rewards, rewards program' Thumb Up
 
Posts: 762 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I'm sure Rittenhouse are aware that people are not happy which is not good news for their business. I'm fairly sure they are trying to think of something to do about it, i know i would be.


They can sell their product in the U.S. so why bother with the rest of us?


While I have no inside knowledge of this situation, I've dealt with licensing before.

It may be a simple matter of US rights being X dollars and International rights being ANOTHER X dollars. That's not unheard of. But, does it make sense to double the cost of the license when you can sell out all you plan on making in the US? And this is especially true with the knowledge that only Rittenhouse are bound by this limitation, any dealer buying from them is free to sell them overseas.

Sad that it has to affect customer service and bonuses like the Rewards program. But it might just be a matter of Paramount (or Marvel, insert licensor here) wanting too much money for the international rights compared to how much Rittenhouse directly sells outside North America.

It's not like Steve walked into the office one day and said to Robert, "Lets screw over our international customers today." I'm sure it's a business oriented decision.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4744 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Fizzbin
posted Hide Post
Killing the overseas hobby? it might be a business choice... but I have been with them since the start in 1999.... and have nearly every trek card they ever produced.. in 2010 there was a drop in overseas business... extra taxes to be paid in the netherlands... nonsens for a product not even produced in the Netherlands..

Next year 2011 they change some of the postage rules in the us.... with the result that more and more packages do get lost...

And now 2012 I have nearly 4000 points overthere but can not order my favorit cards anymore....

Next step going to collect stamps bbbbrrrrr never.. I rather move from here to the us .... but sure do hope Steve, Robert, Amy and all others that keep up the good work for so long do find another way for there overseas customers... come on Steve I even took the time to meet you in person in 2005 (you sure remember the fun we had on the card talk on sunday morning)
 
Posts: 35 | Location: Rotterdam,The Netherlands | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Sad that it has to affect customer service and bonuses like the Rewards program. But it might just be a matter of Paramount (or Marvel, insert licensor here) wanting too much money for the international rights compared to how much Rittenhouse directly sells outside North America.
Ed


This would be fine if they had some other system available for overseas customers to obtain those cards. I can see two choices and I'm sure there are more:

1/ Allow overseas customers to nominate a US based person to receive their cards but the '1 only' trigger is attached to the person providing the points, not the person receiving the card.

At the moment, I use my US based brother and that works fine because he doesn't collect cards. Many of us have trading links with various US based members who could potentially receive cards for us, but under the current rules, that person can't then get the same rewards card themself.

2/ Don't make the cards rewards points exclusives.

At the moment, a collector needs the rewards card if they are a completionist. I have suggested this on the Rittenhouse forums, but it would completely solve the problem if all cards were pack inserted (or dealer incentives) and rewards points were used to buy leftover cards rather than different cards. Sure, international collectors would still miss out of the rewards system, but at least we wouldn't have a hole in our collection.

____________________
Trade list (mostly comics and scifi). Also lots of sketch cards.
 
Posts: 1573 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Another option would be for US rewards members to be able to "purchase" more than one copy of cards that they can not ship overseas. The additional supply would drive down the price on the secondary market. While this would not solve the issue of the points being worthless to overseas collectors, it would help fill those holes.

____________________
Feeling happy? Then rip open a box. Feeling blue...then rip 2!
 
Posts: 1483 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I like that idea. I have lots of points stored up.
 
Posts: 2225 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
According to a message I received, the issue with international orders and rewards cards has been addressed and you can again order from them. Happy collecting!

____________________
Star Trek cards rule, everything else drools.
 
Posts: 4160 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
According to a message I received, the issue with international orders and rewards cards has been addressed and you can again order from them. Happy collecting!


Rittenhouse did just post on their Facebook page confirming - at least for Star Trek stuff (I only scanned it quickly).

____________________
Ryan Cracknell
http://www.tradercracks.com

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
 
Posts: 1150 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is "FaceBook" the only means of communication these days?

I thought their own site should be the first place to confirm these details.

Any how perhaps International collectors can now order the latest TNG Rewards card.
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
They also reported this on Twitter:

GREAT NEWS! Our Star Trek Trading Cards are now available INTERNATIONALLY! Be sure to order the newest rewards card!
 
Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Someone must of read my message (rant).
I have placed an order, so fingers crossed.
 
Posts: 766 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Fizzbin
posted Hide Post
One hooray for Rittenhouse (thanks Robert) shipping the newest trek reward card (H10)to the Netherlands for only 6 us-dollar !! That's what I call 'making friends'.....keep up the good work
 
Posts: 35 | Location: Rotterdam,The Netherlands | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fizzbin:
One hooray for Rittenhouse (thanks Robert) shipping the newest trek reward card (H10)to the Netherlands for only 6 us-dollar !! That's what I call 'making friends'.....keep up the good work


I've just received mine and it cost $17.50 shipping, how did you manage that? When you use your points on the Rittenhouse site and go to checkout there is no other option?
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by Fizzbin:
One hooray for Rittenhouse (thanks Robert) shipping the newest trek reward card (H10)to the Netherlands for only 6 us-dollar !! That's what I call 'making friends'.....keep up the good work


I've just received mine and it cost $17.50 shipping, how did you manage that? When you use your points on the Rittenhouse site and go to checkout there is no other option?


It may cost more to mail to the UK than to continental Europe. For exmample, I know I sold one card to the UK and it cost $8 to send to the UK, while the exact same card using the exact same service cost only $5 to be sent to France. Maybe there are tariffs or import costs that is causing your rates to be higher?

____________________
billylomas1 on Epack

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
 
Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by Fizzbin:
One hooray for Rittenhouse (thanks Robert) shipping the newest trek reward card (H10)to the Netherlands for only 6 us-dollar !! That's what I call 'making friends'.....keep up the good work


I've just received mine and it cost $17.50 shipping, how did you manage that? When you use your points on the Rittenhouse site and go to checkout there is no other option?


It may cost more to mail to the UK than to continental Europe. For exmample, I know I sold one card to the UK and it cost $8 to send to the UK, while the exact same card using the exact same service cost only $5 to be sent to France. Maybe there are tariffs or import costs that is causing your rates to be higher?


The reason given for the $17.50 is for trackable service which is only option for international users of rewards service. That is a set fee?
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Is Rittenhouse on holiday or something?
I sent them an email 5 days ago regarding my rewards cards and there is been no reply.
 
Posts: 766 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I redeemed 300 pts for a Game of Thrones season one Q10 card, and the box arrived today... but the card inside was the P1 from the new Trek set Confused

I hope Rittenhouse can fix this Frown

Edit: Got a reply from Rittenhouse and they are sending another card. I always hate when things like this happen because I feel like the company is going to think that I am trying to pull a scam. For example, I had a damaged NSU promo and I ended up sending Harris a pic of the actual damage so that he would know I wasn't just trying to get a free promo (even though he didn't ask for it and offered to replace it before I even sent the picture).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

____________________
"For a universe that's supposed to be half Chinese, Firefly sure doesn't have any Asians." -- The Uncomfortable Truths Well
 
Posts: 1558 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Regarding the "hope they don't think you're scamming them" comment...

I've had that feeling with problems, whether it's direct from Rittenhouse or on Ebay, because my problems with cards tend to come in small groups.

But what can you do?

Still... suppose I won't have this problem with Rittenhouse any more as they don't sort problems for overseas customers any more.
 
Posts: 207 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simon1978:

suppose I won't have this problem with Rittenhouse any more as they don't sort problems for overseas customers any more.



I don't think this is true. In my last dealings with customer services they went out of their way to make sure i got what i was asking for.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 28318 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013