Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse Rewards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by simon1978:

suppose I won't have this problem with Rittenhouse any more as they don't sort problems for overseas customers any more.

I don't think this is true. In my last dealings with customer services they went out of their way to make sure i got what i was asking for.

I think what Simon1978 is refering to is the missing cards from boxes that are only sold directly to the USA and Canada due to licencing. We are the grey market for a lot of sets that keep a release viable for the companies and dealers alike. We are a necessary evil Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh i see, well in fairness to Rittenhouse if they only sell a certain product to USA only they cannot be expected to deal with problems coming from abroad. UK buyers need to contact the dealer they purchased from if they have a problem.

Is that correct or am i misunderstanding again?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
You are correct. The biggest problem is that a US dealer reported that Rittenhouse wouldn't replace a missing sketch because it was suspected that the box was sold overseas.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Oh i see, well in fairness to Rittenhouse if they only sell a certain product to USA only they cannot be expected to deal with problems coming from abroad. UK buyers need to contact the dealer they purchased from if they have a problem.

Is that correct or am i misunderstanding again?

If an overseas customer has a problem with a "US and Canada Only" release, there are two options for the original dealer:

1) Make it right out of our own stock

or

2) Lie to Rittenhouse to get the replacement card sent to us.

Neither is a perfect solution.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

I think what Simon1978 is refering to is the missing cards from boxes that are only sold directly to the USA and Canada due to licencing. We are the grey market for a lot of sets that keep a release viable for the companies and dealers alike. We are a necessary evil Wink

I wish that that were the case.

The last time I had to deal with Rittenhouse, it was for a worldwide product.

In the past, if there had been missing or defective cards in a box, Rittenhouse had replaced them.

In the most recent instance, I was told that that policy was no longer being applied and that overseas customers who hadn't bought directly from Rittenhouse would not be covered by their service policy.

Fair enough, if they don't want to do that. Just means that I no longer buy cases / boxes of their product - I just buy the individual cards I want.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
And finally my long nightmare is over Big Grin Got the Q10 card today. Also got the Sean Bean as Ned Stark autograph card I bought on eBay -- at $93, it is the second most I have ever paid for a card (topping the $80 I paid for an Eliza Dushku Buffy auto many years ago, but trailing the $95 I spent on an Aya Hirano autograph card). Now I am ready for Game of Thrones season two!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse have changed their postage policy again:-

Flat rate shipping to non-U.S. addresses (including Canada) is now $6 per package. This rate DOES NOT include tracking, insurance or any guarantee of delivery. If you prefer, you may select PRIORITY flat rate shipping, including tracking and insurance: $28 to Canada $42 to all other international destinations We STRONGLY recommend this second option for Rewards orders carrying a high point total value, as we cannot make any guarantees of delivery otherwise

I find it strange Rittenhouse has not got an agent in the UK who can send these cards out on their behalf (to UK/EU addresses), as it would then cost only a few pounds for recorded post rather than $42.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I don't know why a "free" card should be sent priority. No-one's in that much of a rush. There must be a cheaper tracking rate. All $42 says to me is that Rittenhouse doesn't want overseas custom Shake Head

Several dealers I know have wanted to be agents over here, but as most of what is wanted is USA only, it's not worth it. The way it was explained to me (correct me if I'm wrong), it is that if you order product 'X', you must order a certain amount of product 'Y'. If product 'Y' is something that will never sell here, and the bowling cards come to mind, it's money down the drain.

I'm sorry if my comments in this thread come across as Rittenhouse bashing. It's not ment to. I am probably one of their biggest fans and love what they put out. It's just that sometime they make it so sodding hard to be a UK collector.

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I don't think RA allocates in that fashion routinely. I only order Trek and have never been told to get other stuff Wink Now, I ahve heard that a few of their products are allocated based on past purchases but that's usually set Series one is HAWT, so when set series two cones out, you are allocated based on set One, but even that doesn't seem to ever happen.
Ragardless, it is tough to be overseas, I'm sure between postage costs and many people just not wanting to deal with the customs forms or risk. I think it's owrth it!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is another kick in the "Bread Basket" for international collectors. $42 shipping for a card costing say 300 points what kind of sick joke is this, then that's not counting the cost of sending the wrappers from the U.K. to the U.S.

That must be one of the most expensive FREE gifts out there, it sounds like the scams you here about on feebay "win it for 1 penny but $50 shipping".

Recently I've decided to stop buying cases and go for purchasing a Master Set of what I collect, but it's not the same amount of fun as opening packs.

I still have points in my balance and wrappers to send but will need to look at other options to obtain the rewards cards. Another option would be for Rittenhouse to stop the Rewards altogether and put them into packs, just a crazy thought!!!!!!!

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flat rate shipping to non-U.S. addresses (including Canada) is now $6 per package. This rate DOES NOT include tracking, insurance or any guarantee of delivery.

Rittenhouse is giving an option. They just don't guarantee delivery when it goes first class.

Seems like a fair trade, considering most First Class mail seems to make it where it's supposed to.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I took advantage of the new Rittenhouse postage option a couple of weeks ago to get the two James Bond GG cards.

I paid $6 on January 29th.

The cards arrived safe and sound today in a hard case inside a bubble mailer which had a $4.95 stamp on it.

This system works just fine so thanks to Rittenhouse for introducing it. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
For those who haven't checked, there are now cards available for Star Trek TOS H&V (T50 featuring Roger C Carmel as Harry Mudd) and Marvel Bronze Age (CH10 featuring Silver Surfer).

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
All the RA Marvel rewards cards have been removed from their catalog. I would advise people to order the James Bond ones soon if they are missing any of them.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still want the Bond golden girls Ursula Andress and Eva Green, are they still there ? the thing about reward points is, Rittenhouse don't cater for the rest of the world outside USA, you can't cut the coupon you have to send the whole packet,and that costs sending overseas, then they charge postage to send thats £10.00 plus, so you are paying £15 to £20 just to get your reward card, sometimes it's better to look for it on Ebay.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
International postage from the UK is expensive, all the wrappers add up in weight, however it can be made a little cheaper. For instance <1kg is £13.30 to the USA, however if you use 'International Economy' it is £8.50.

You have to use the exact words 'International Economy' at the Post Office or else you get the standard Airmail rate. With non-urgent items its a better deal and packages I have recently sent to the States have taken about the same time as Airmail.

The Standard shipping from RA is $7.50 per order, so it's better to order more than one card at a time.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the BG75 for the Bond set so the Bond rewards are still there.