Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Top Loader sleeves...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Loader sleeves...
 Login/Join

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted
I'm looking to buy some new top loader sleeves for my more special autographs and costumes. I've only ever reused ones I've been sent with orders but as some of those have sticky marks from tape I'd like some new ones to tidy up my collections.
I'd like to buy the slightly thicker ones to accommodate costume cards, but I don't really know the name or 'size-name' I'm looking for? Is there a good brand to look for too?
Any help would be appreciated. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just use Ultra Pro. For inserts/auto/sketches, just the regular top loaders which come 25 to a pack.

For thicker memorabilia cards I use 120 pt however, some of them I use 180 pt (for example, the Darcy cards in Thor Dark World and Captain America patch cards). Those come 10 to a pack.

Some cards might be better suited for 75 pt or 130 pt, but I don't have alot of those in my collection so, I don't keep them on hand.

Penny sleeves I either use standard or 130 pt.

Posts: 7 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks kerg.
That gives me a lot more idea of what to look for. Smile
Yeah, I always use Ultra-Pro penny sleeves for extra protection on most of my ordinary autos and costume cards.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Thanks kerg.
Yeah, I always use Ultra-Pro penny sleeves for extra protection on most of my ordinary autos and costume cards.

Good luck finding them in the UK Frown . At the last Memorabilia show in March almost every dealer I spoke to said it was becoming increasingly difficult to get any kind of card supplies whether it was binders, pocket pages or penny sleeves. A couple of them asked me to bring my old penny sleeves to the next show as they had completely run out and could not get any more. Any pocket pages other than 1 and 9 pocket are also hard to find here, I have not found a UK seller of 4 pocket pages in two years at a show.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to see what I can find.
As to pocket pages, if I can't find Ultra-Pro, I get any number of pocket arrangements and sizes from a company called Arrowfile(based in the UK) which I've used for a few years.
They mainly used to do pages for photos, but they've branched out into stamp collecting, coin and card collecting storage solutions and any other type of plastic pocket page and binders you can think of. They give all their measurements accurately too. All their stuff is up to archive standard and acid-free. Not always that cheap, but good stuff for those awkward sized cards and bits of memorabilia. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good luck finding them in the UK Frown . At the last Memorabilia show in March almost every dealer I spoke to said it was becoming increasingly difficult to get any kind of card supplies whether it was binders, pocket pages or penny sleeves. A couple of them asked me to bring my old penny sleeves to the next show as they had completely run out and could not get any more. Any pocket pages other than 1 and 9 pocket are also hard to find here, I have not found a UK seller of 4 pocket pages in two years at a show.

Well if you need a few hundred of the penny sleeves or several dozen of the stiffer variety, then email me. I seemed to have cornered the world's supply of these damn things and I will be happy to send them to anyone who wants them free of charge.

There are a number of reputable companies making these things.BCW from the US for instance has a full range like Ultra-Pro and are of similar quality.
Finally, I know from personal experience that Ultra-Pro are often looking for new distributors. You could apply for a franchise and become our in-house dealer/supplier!!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi hedgehog witch. We are UK based and stock all sizes of Ultra Pro top loaders. You can contact us for more on info@cardowner.co.uk for more information.

Posts: 61 | Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Owner:
Hi hedgehog witch. We are UK based and stock all sizes of Ultra Pro top loaders. You can contact us for more on info@cardowner.co.uk for more information.

Many thanks, email sent. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Thanks kerg.

Got to say that is surprising.

As an individual I usually turn to eBay or CCG/MTG websites for my supplies with little issue.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post