Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Angel Season One
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted
Does anyone know the insertion ratio of autographs in a box of Angel Season One? I checked Jeff Allender's website, and no ratio is given. I know the Boreanaz autograph is by redemption and is thus a waste of time now. Thanks in advance !

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There an old thread in the Box Breakdowns section on this set. Autographs were hit or miss and definitely not 1 per box. Don't know the exact ratio though. Here's the link to the thread:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....6073384/m/5936039784

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think Inkworks ever gave an exact insertion ratio but I seem to remember the general opinion of people who opened the boxes was an average of about one autograph in every two - three boxes.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I don't think Inkworks ever gave an exact insertion ratio but I seem to remember the general opinion of people who opened the boxes was an average of about one autograph in every two - three boxes.

Best to remember that the amount inserted in boxes should not be confused with the number that actually exist.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Best to remember that the amount inserted in boxes should not be confused with the number that actually exist.

Absolutely. I did not buy any Angel boxes, but I was going through those cheap Razor Ink boxes like mad after they bought up the Inkworks autograph card inventory. I pulled a lot of Angel autographs out of them. I couldn't say if they were specifically Season 1 without looking them up, but they were Angel and there were also some Spike and Buffy signatures. Most of them were the commons, but a couple were better names. So yeah, a lot of Inkworks' stuff was never seeded in the original product, but it sure exists.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the info. When Jeff's site didn't state anything on the insertion ratio, that was a huge clue. Just wanted to confirm.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I bought one box from Previews, and four boxes from a UK dealer. I got five autos, so I assumed it was one per box. Got the Angel redemption from eBay for a princely $50.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Absolutely. I did not buy any Angel boxes, but I was going through those cheap Razor Ink boxes like mad after they bought up the Inkworks autograph card inventory. I pulled a lot of Angel autographs out of them. I couldn't say if they were specifically Season 1 without looking them up, but they were Angel and there were also some Spike and Buffy signatures. Most of them were the commons, but a couple were better names. So yeah, a lot of Inkworks' stuff was never seeded in the original product, but it sure exists.

I bought a bunch of Razor boxes too and just checked my card list - looks like I pulled only seasons 4 and 5 for Angel. I have got rid of a lot over the years, but I don't think I had season 1.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
I bought a bunch of Razor boxes too and just checked my card list - looks like I pulled only seasons 4 and 5 for Angel. I have got rid of a lot over the years, but I don't think I had season 1.

I meant to get back too. Angel 1 had only six autograph cards and I don't have any, or any of Season 2's nine signers. Seasons 4 and 5 were dumped in Razor. I do see some Season 1 autos available in the usual place though, so I wouldn't bet that there might not be more than the math would suggest.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The ONLY autograph I have from Season One is David Boreanaz, and I have three autographs from Season Two, but not any of the high end ones (I don't think).

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I have David Boreanaz(A1), the late Glenn Quinn(A3) and Christian Kane(A6) from Season One.
I have a handful of other autograph cards from S2 and S3.

It was a long time ago for S1, but if I remember correctly I got them from a seller in the US, not on evilbay, and near to the time of release. (I can't even remember the name of the seller). I had one sealed box, but no autographs were in that box. As I remember it back then, the insert/chase cards were pretty tough to put together too.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of how much our hobby has shrunk in terms of dealers and shows over the last 20 years Frown .

I remember after having bad luck opening boxes of Buffy 1 & 2 deciding to see what kind of price I could get a master set for. First of all I went to the local monthly show and talked to the six or so dealers there and then went to the NEC Memorabilia show where I asked over ten more.

Part of the fun was talking to all these different people and getting their in some cases wildly varying views on how much the Buffy Season three and Angel Season one sets would cost. I ended up getting the Buffy set from one dealer and the Angel from a different one but both for the same price of £300 .

I remember it was a pretty even split between those dealers who thought the Buffy would sell better and those who preferred Angel. Fun times and it's just not the same doing it over the internet Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I remember passing up all four autographs from Buffy Season One, which a dealer had on display for up to $45 each. No way was I going to spend that much on an autograph card!

To this day, I only have 2 of the 4. Isn't hindsight wonderful?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
It has been a long time but I remember hitting 1 auto out of 2 boxes. At one point in time I had all the angel autographs except A1. I have sold at least 1/3 of them off over time.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
With earlier Angel (and Inkworks) releases people we lucky to hit one auto every 2 or 3 boxes. These were 36 pack boxes, 10 box cases so people hit on about 3 - 5 autos per CASE on average. This is why people looking to put down big bucks on sealed boxes popular Inkworks set should research the odds first. They didn't change their ratio of 'X hits per box' until the early 2000's set. (Think Angel Season 3 set onwards??)

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post