Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Guinness Book of World Records Christmas in July
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guinness Book of World Records Christmas in July
 Login/Join

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
WOOW !! It's very impressive !!

It must take a lot of time and work (and patience !).

Congrats, it's really deserved. Thumb Up Thumb Up

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promoking,

I've been watching "Collector's Call," a TV show on the MEtv network about people with particular collections. In one of them a woman who collects Winnie the Pooh memorabilia noted that she was also recently inducted into the Guinness Book as having the largest collection of that. She said it took about a year with a lot of photos and video to document what she had.

I remember my parents having a copy of the Guinness book in the late 70's. It was a thick paperback book then like one of those movie guides Leonard Maltin assembled. It had all kinds of human feats and also entries for the largest flying animal that ever lived and other nature categories like that.

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

Once I organized the collection alphabetically, which took a long time, It became a lot easier to perform searches from my short want list. When I'm looking, I sometimes also find cards in odd categories or with strange descriptions which fit within the "promotional" card category.
thanks for asking.

Once I put my autograph collection in a data base and filed them alphabetically it has made my management of them so much easier. You're right, if it is something that has been ignored it seems like a daunting task to organize....but keep plugging away and you eventually get through it. It is so worth it.

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Alphabetical lists are the way to go, at least for autograph cards by signer's name and sketch cards by artist's name. Base, inserts and parallels all by title. If I have an interest in completing certain titles like Bond or GoT, I also have lists for those separate, so that I can see what I need as well as what I already have.

It's not difficult to maintain once it's set up, you can even simply use Excel if you can't lock into a collector database. It's just time consuming to sort out a larger collection, both to put the data in the spreadsheet and also just to physically sort thru the cards. So the sooner you start the better off you are. Smile

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Giving away 501 cards doesn't jeopardise your record, does it? Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to CardTalk member piperh33 from France for being the grand prize winner of 500 different promo cards and her holy grail promo card Supernatural Season 2 P-UK!

This was not an easy decision to make as I received dozens of emails from fellow collectors but in the end there could only be one winner. Thank you to everyone who entered the contest and I wish all of you good hunting!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to piperh33 on her win.

And a big thank you to promoking for the competition and prize.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

a woman who collects Willie the Pooh memorabilia

Jess

Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congratulations to CardTalk member piperh33 from France for being the grand prize winner of 500 different promo cards and her holy grail promo card Supernatural Season 2 P-UK!

I hope you realise that all these cards have to fly over my head in order to get to you. Big Grin

Congrats on your win and many thanks for doing the contest. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! Congrats Piperh33!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
but in the end there could only be one winner.

There can be only ONE! {queue Who Want's to Live Forever? by QUEEN"}

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie,

Yeah, I caught that today and corrected it in case it is ever of use to someone looking for something about Winnie the Pooh memorabilia.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

a woman who collects Willie the Pooh memorabilia

Jess

Eek

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Piperh33 for your win.

Thanks again Promoking for putting together this contest and with such a generous prize.

Jess

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much everyone, you're very kind. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I hope you realise that all these cards have to fly over my head in order to get to you. Big Grin

Congrats on your win and many thanks for doing the contest. Clap

I didn't realize ! Big Grin Wave (Really sorry for you if you participated, it's a big surprise for me, I thought I had no chance. )

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Hi members ! Wavey

Just a quick note to tell that I received the small package last week. (Sorry for the late, problems with my computer. Twak) Or rather, the "long" package ! Big Grin

Very beautiful. I discover real wonders.

Thank you so much, Promoking !! Thumb Up

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Glad you got them ok, enjoy. Wavey