Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
No Love for the 1991 Impel Star Trek 25th Anniversary Set

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1137019596

April 06, 2021, 06:16 PM
AWR
No Love for the 1991 Impel Star Trek 25th Anniversary Set
Going through some old binders of cards and see I have a complete set of the 1991 Impel Star Trek 25th Anniversary set (All 310 cards)

Not that I was or am looking to sell this, but I do see its pretty much worthless. Sealed boxes can be had for around $15.00. Complete sets around $10.00.

Seems strange for Star Trek Set that contains cards for both TOS and TNG to be a complete afterthought. Maybe because there are no Autograph Cards, parallels, or hard to find insert cards, but still its a nice set
April 06, 2021, 08:34 PM
Bob Johnson
It is a nice set but I suspect the print run was huge which is why the boxes, sets, and cards are plentiful and worthless. Even the limited edition tin set with two exclusive cards isn't worth anything or hard to find because it wasn't very limited with 15,000 sets produced.

I think most of the early SkyBox Star Trek trading card sets were overproduced, including Star Trek: The Next Generation Inaugural Edition and the two-part Master Series. There are 150,000 of the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Series Premiere Collector Set floating around out there, many of which were never opened.
April 07, 2021, 08:35 PM
mykdude
Grab a few key characters, send it in for a grade 10 and watch the hobby go crazy!