Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Donald Trump NFT Trading Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump NFT Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
People are starting to wise up to NFTs and cryptocurrency. I think his timing is off by a year.

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
This is how I like my NFTs and I suggest you try 'em the same way!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well here's the end result and so much for my idea of bad timing.

It's pretty embarrassing. Not because its Trump, but because I don't know how many of the buyers even know what NFT means. On the radio they keep calling them Trump cards. Darn it, this stuff isn't cards. Mad

Oh well, P. T. Barnum had it right a century ago. Big Grin

https://www.newsweek.com/donal...announcement-1767598

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What do you do with "cards" that are not physical ? You call them up on your computer or phone and just look at the images ?

That's why I never pursued the Marvel ones by Upper Deck.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
What do you do with "cards" that are not physical ? You call them up on your computer or phone and just look at the images ?

For these NFTs there might be a whole trading/buying platform set up. You own the image and can transfer the right to own the image to someone else, but it is sold as digital. I would assume you can't print the image and say, make your own card set, as that would not be licensed.

The thing that strikes me is how cheap these things must be to make and sell. You have to pay someone to design them. You would need to purchase a copyright license, but depending on the subject, there might be no license or the maker might already own the rights. You would need a platform to transact and/or host the images, but it could already belong to the maker as well. Anything else necessary?

You don't have to publish anything. You don't need paper or ink or any supplies really. You don't have to take time to print or pay the printer. You don't have to ship to outlets or have any distribution network. You don't even have to advertise on anything but the website. And you can do it over and over again with only slight changes in the images if orders sell out.

Why go through the extra time, expense and structure of making physical trading cards when you can sell digital NFTs to people who are probably not even interested in the hobby? It's perfect, except for the buyers who spent their money on nothing, I mean. But they seem happy. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have his Comic Images' autos, which still sell for $ 1,000 and up on Ebay.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's why I never pursued the Marvel ones by Upper Deck.

I assume you are referring to ePack -- not all cards on ePack are digital, and nearly all the digital ones can be 'combined' into physical cards.

All of the hits are physical and can be mailed.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd rather have his Comic Images' autos, which still sell for $ 1,000 and up on Ebay.

The Comic Images cards are great.

Leaf autographs are hard signed too, which is interesting. He's signed for multiple leaf sets -- Pop Century, Ali, Ali Metal and maybe more.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to a report on the BBC website, all 45,000 of the Trump NFT cards have sold out at $99 a time. Words fail me Big Grin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63995563

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
According to a report on the BBC website, all 45,000 of the Trump NFT cards have sold out at $99 a time. Words fail me Big Grin

Words don't fail me, i'm just not allowed to use them. Shake Head

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll still wait for a reaction from those who were expecting to receive some physical trading cards.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:

Words don't fail me, i'm just not allowed to use them. Shake Head

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just watched the "SNL" episode from just before Christmas. The opening skit spoofed the release of the cards.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a lot of people made fun of this stuff and a lot of people think you'd have to be nuts to buy this junk. I'm certainly one of those people. Big Grin

But there is no denying that it falls into some sort of a money market and more than a few people, both wealthy and average, do get into it. If you are not into it, the story drops off when the initial hype passes. So I really didn't follow these NFTs after they sold out while SNL was writing skits. It was a pretty finny one. Wink

Apparently the prices went down shortly after everything sold out, however just in the last few days they have had a resurgence and gone back up. You have to look at these strange sites that cater to crypto currency fans to get any information on them and honestly, I don't trust that information. When somebody makes up their own currency out of thin air and has a financial market without any support beyond customer demand, with little to no regulations or legal oversight, that seems too dodgy for my taste.

Yet this is reality and billions of dollars are wrapped up into these alternative financial markets. Who in their right mind would get involved with FTX when Sam Bankman-Fried looked and lived like a lunatic? Well lots of smart people did evidentially because they mistook it for genius, instead of the con job it was. And that's the trouble with investing in nothing. It's all good while everyone believes, but there is nothing there once they start having doubts.

That doesn't concern the creators though. They have sold out and made theirs. I'll bet Trump got exactly what he wanted from this junk and SNL can make all the jokes it wants, he doesn't care.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Apparently it was worth a series 2. One would think that a self proclaimed brilliant mind in business and finance would find a more subtle way to make money.

Can't wait for the Warren Buffett series! Oh wait...that's not gonna happen.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/b...ows/?sh=49675d151533

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
When you see stuff like this being offered and its successful. It's being sold as soon as it appears. Markets, platforms, exchanges and vaults are created just to trade it. It's being hyped by athletes, celebrities, social influencers and genius billionaires. It's getting written up in Forbes. People are making money hand over fist (an old expression), but you're not because you just don't get it.

When you see stuff like this, you think you must be the one who has gone insane.

Nope. It really is everybody else. Big Grin Twak

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The art is a lot better on this batch than it was on the first. They might have described some scenarios to an AI art program to come up with these. The scratch 'n sniff one was a nice touch. I was going to buy some, but I ran out of virtual top loaders to store them in.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Have they done Lenticular NFT's yet?? You can tilt the card in your viewing app.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
The art is a lot better on this batch than it was on the first. They might have described some scenarios to an AI art program to come up with these. The scratch 'n sniff one was a nice touch. I was going to buy some, but I ran out of virtual top loaders to store them in.

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post