Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Card(s) that might not exist
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card(s) that might not exist
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
There's the 2008 Marvel Masterpieces 3 auto cards that are suppose to exist: Brian Michael Bendis (BB) & Warren Ellis (WE). No one I know has ever seen one but the art director posted a couple of times on scoundrel that they do exist. He said he saw them but I'm thinking they are sitting in a vault or something.??

Here's six pages of discussion on it:
http://scoundrelpublishing.com....php?t=10118&start=0
The art director (Geddlee = Mark Irwin) posted on pages 2 and 4.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
The Steve Ditko original art sketch cards from Both Dark Dominion and Warriors of Plasm. He did the work, and supposedly they went into the packs, just never seen one, there was 10 done for each set. That would easily be the most expensive and desired non sport card of the last 40 years.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
The Steve Ditko original art sketch cards from Both Dark Dominion and Warriors of Plasm. He did the work, and supposedly they went into the packs, just never seen one, there was 10 done for each set. That would easily be the most expensive and desired non sport card of the last 40 years.

100% sure these dont exist!!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
I hope your right, but i thought jim shooter said they were made (guy who published the comics these were based on) because they had ditko doing the art for them. That's why i keep looking for them, or a redemption.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sealed boxes are really cheap and easy to get so if you want to hunt for a "myth" good luck with it.you may hit on a gold mine!if a ditko was done for this set.you would be talking $10,000 for one.but it has been almost 20 years and no one as pulled one,if these exist i think they were never inserted and are just layng about in some box or drawer somewhere.just waiting to be found!!

i hope one day we will learn more about these cards?

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
I think the problem is, that these products were so highly produced, and in the age before the internet really when we could all see what was made and pulled online that night on ebay. When you factor in only 10 were reported to be made, and that there has not been mass breaking of this product in going on 20 years, news of one being out there would be hard to find. I feel confident in knowing they were made, but I don't think I will ever see one. Again, you're right, it would hands down be the most valuable non sport card of all time (or darn near)...I think 10k would be easy for one. Would be funny if they were sitting in some file somewhere.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Steve Ditko only worked on Dark Dominion. Not Plasm.

I'll do another posting for this card after I comment on some of the other comments.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
quote:

100% sure these dont exist!!

Definitely exists! One was just sold last year May on ebay. I'll post a picture soon.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen a Ditko Dark Dominion sketch you know where, asking price $ 900, but it seems to be 11 x 17 inches. Is this what you are referring to ?

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. This one is definitely card sized. The asking price was $15,000. I'll try and get it up later when I have time and figure out how to get the picture there.

Thanks,
David

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dpolis,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
Nope. This one is definitely card sized. The asking price was $15,000. I'll try and get it up later when I have time and figure out how to get the picture there.

Thanks,
David

Ok, here it is as promised, a picture found in Google of a Dark Dominion art card that was sold last year May on ebay. It shows the art card, a redemption card and the letter from River Group.

David

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool! It's a fully rendered and inked drawing by Steve Ditko, not only one of the greatest comic artists of all-time, but also one of the most interesting people to ever hold a pencil.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAT
posted Hide Post
I think these should be included in this list. From the Star Wars Evolution Update set in 2006. Never seen or heard of any of these being pulled and those odds meant you had to have over 651 cases to get one.

Cut Signature Cards (1:124,992 Hobby packs; 1/1 each)

-- Peter Cushing
-- Alec Guinness
-- George Lucas

Posts: 192 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAT:
Cut Signature Cards (1:124,992 Hobby packs; 1/1 each)

-- Peter Cushing
-- Alec Guinness
-- George Lucas

Here are the card images (or mock-ups, who knows):

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kids hate auto cards and usually throw them away. One lad was always getting top autos out my boxes and he always swapped them for something else

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richnet:
kids hate auto cards and usually throw them away. One lad was always getting top autos out my boxes and he always swapped them for something else

I wish I knew those kids, I would totally give them 25 cents a card. Big Grin

Seriously, most of the kids I see today are not really interested in cards, but the few that are consult the price guide for a base card. They are more concerned with value than I am, since I am the one who usually is giving them the cards for free. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does this exist ?

On the 2009 X-Men Origins Wolverine movie set, promo P1

Promos P2, P3 and CP1 exist, no P1

Someone said that the photo wasn't approved, and so it was never printed

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
In the Charmed Season 1 set, Inkworks sold off dealer-incentive displays of individual printing plate cards.

Though it was rumoured individual rogue printing plate cards ended up in general release sealed boxes that some people pull out the packs.

I think some people actually sent them back Eek Anyhow despite this rumour, I've never seen online or anywhere any evidence of a general collector pulling a printing plate CYMB card??

Would love one for my collection if these non-display versions exist.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In light of the fact that Steve Ditko recently passed, I'm sure that interest in his work is even greater now than it was before

quote:
quote:

Thanks,
David

Ok, here it is as promised, a picture found in Google of a Dark Dominion art card that was sold last year May on ebay. It shows the art card, a redemption card and the letter from River Group.

David

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up a few packs at the SDCC in 2001 - might have just one of each left. After all these years, I still haven't heard of anyone pulling a Carpenter autograph. Remember there were two subsets, Series 1 and Series 2, with an autograph card for each one. Card 7 was the autograph card in the Series 1 packs and card 14 was the autograph in Series 2 so they actually completed those subsets. It appears no one has complete set of either series.

quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:
Found an old "hunt" list. Ghosts of Mars John Carpenter auto(s). I cracked a couple hundred of these thanks to e-bay, guess it wasn't enough... To my knowledge they have never been seen. --Chris

lists at 1/10,000 packs.a near impossible find!

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post