Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Card(s) that might not exist
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card(s) that might not exist
 Login/Join

posted
Beckett keeps a running list of cards that have never been seen, and in these days of shorter print runs and such maybe we could/should do the same--if we already don't. I can certainly remember buying box after box of something looking for a common card which didn't exist, and once being wrong about buying box after box and just for some reason crapping out and not pulling a complete set. (Thank you X-men 99 cent--it's like a 50 card set and I think I did 3 boxes at full retail).

Anyways, I have been wrong before, but I have never seen a Kirsten Prout/Christian Serratos from last years Pop Century. It might make sense because I've also never seen a Christian Serratos single card from the set. (?) For that matter, I have seen dealers trying to sell the costume card set, all the while stating that one of the cards was not made. It's not true, all 50 costumes do exist, I know because I have the whole set. --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see if others out there have cards that are not supposed to exist, or were supposed to be destroyed before their release.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
off the top of my head
Army of Darkness base card #23
- was NOT available in packs
but was released separately to dealers
and what count I do not know

would have to consult my lists to for others

is that what you meant for us to accomplish with this posting
or to post cards we have that should not exsit
or better yet, both Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Yes, cards just like that. And even cards that we were told were not made, but then mysteriously show up. Like the #135 Disney cel card. It was supposedly not authorized and any that were printed were destroyed, but 13 are known to exist. I have one.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Yes, cards just like that. And even cards that we were told were not made, but then mysteriously show up. Like the #135 Disney cel card. It was supposedly not authorized and any that were printed were destroyed, but 13 are known to exist. I have one.

There's also the Disney Treasures Silly Symphonies insert #6. They just about NEVER surface.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:

There's also the Disney Treasures Silly Symphonies insert #6. They just about NEVER surface.

I believe those eventually did came out and were only available direct from Upper Deck. You had to send them a different Silly Symphonies card and they mailed you a #6 in return.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
i think i sent in for the Disney SS & the AOD card; and never got a return on either? They must be limited.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Front and back of Disney SS # 6, I got mine by sending in my extras to UD:

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
For the longest time I was searching for 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter mini "The Little Engine That Could" to complete the "Mythical Creatures of Joy" set. I later came to find out that Topps eliminated that card in order to print a baseball rookie card. "The Little Engine" card was listed in the checklist, yet none have ever been released.

I ended up making my own card just so the set didn't seem so unbalanced.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
For the longest time I was searching for 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter mini "The Little Engine That Could" to complete the "Mythical Creatures of Joy" set. I later came to find out that Topps eliminated that card in order to print a baseball rookie card. "The Little Engine" card was listed in the checklist, yet none have ever been released.

Was it eliminated to make room for the Stephen Strasburg?

I am tickled to see there is a Jack and the Beanstalk magic beans RELIC card in that last release... The window in the card contains ... nothing. Wink

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I have a Xena Beauty & Brawn Amazon warriors 9 card uncut sheet. Seller told me that she'd won it in a Rittenhouse raffle. I have no idea how many exist!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:

I am tickled to see there is a Jack and the Beanstalk magic beans RELIC card in that last release... The window in the card contains ... nothing. Wink

I dug the Invisible Man's autograph from a couple years ago. Apparently it could only be seen under a black light.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
I dug the Invisible Man's autograph from a couple years ago. Apparently it could only be seen under a black light.

Awesome LOL. Never heard of that one either. I found a picture:
http://hitandruncards.wordpres...-for-nothing-part-3/

Allen and Ginter 2011 will have a nice series of great penultimates (famous second place finishers)

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:

Was it eliminated to make room for the Stephen Strasburg?

Yes, it was for the Strasberg mini rookie card.

There are a few unusual relic cards released in the Allen & Ginter sets. There are actual white "beans" in the Jack & the Beanstalk card (they may be hard to see). There was an Easter Bunny relic card as well as a Unicorn hair relic card from last year. All of these cards are extremely rare (numbered to only 5 or 10), and that's why they fetch such high prices. Although I can't afford them, I love odd-ball cards like these.

They'll be more unusual cards like these in the upcoming Allen & Ginter 2011 set coming out this summer. They have cards you'll be able to plant in the ground, and flowers will grow from them! Very cool!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Michael,

Has it been confirmed that the Disney Suncoast # 117 does not exist ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
David,
I have never seen one and I don't know anyone who has one. It could be that they were made, but someone is sitting on a few and doesn't know what they have.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Michael,

Despite me being an advanced promo collector, I hesitated getting into the Disney Suncoasts until last year, figuring that I had missed the boat by not pursuing them 10 years ago.

Much to my delight, I picked up a set of them all, including the #135 and the 2 Record Town cells (Bambi and Hunchback)

1) How did you discover that the #135 existed ?

2) In your opinion, how tough are the Record Town ones to find ? I occasionally see them on ebay with minimum bids of $100.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I found 6 of the #135 cel card at the Philly show about 4 years ago. I found them right after 8 were discovered and sold to collectors about 6 months earlier. Since that time, not one additional card has surfaced. As for the Bambi and Hunchback variants, I sold a complete set at the Philly last October and they are out there, but not alot exist. I still think they are hard to find but not like the #135. Now we have to find the #117. I am hoping for some new dealers at the Philly show in May. Who knows what one might find!!!

posted Hide Post
Found an old "hunt" list. Ghosts of Mars John Carpenter auto(s). I cracked a couple hundred of these thanks to e-bay, guess it wasn't enough... To my knowledge they have never been seen. --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:
Found an old "hunt" list. Ghosts of Mars John Carpenter auto(s). I cracked a couple hundred of these thanks to e-bay, guess it wasn't enough... To my knowledge they have never been seen. --Chris

lists at 1/10,000 packs.a near impossible find!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post