Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Wild Wild West Kevin Kline Autograph Card
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Wild West Kevin Kline Autograph Card
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
A Wild, Wild West Kenneth Branagh A3 auto went unsold twice at 49.99 yesterday and late last month. I haven't seen a Kevin Kline autograph sell this year.

The Salma Hayek A15 has a bit of a range from $465 to $1400 with another sale of $1094. The $465 sale looks like a great deal as the card appeared to be in slightly better condition than the $1400 one.

Branagh is a great actor! Pretty sure this is the only place you can get a Ted Lavine or M. Emmett Walsh autograph.

I just wish Kline would put a bug in his wife's ear to sign some cards! My Judge Reinhold and Jennifer Jason Leigh sigs need a friend. Cool

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here was the auction. The link may not last forever.
It was for autos A1 to 14, no 15.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11493...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I just wish Kline would put a bug in his wife's ear to sign some cards!

I'll bet that very few people reading this know who you are talking about without looking it up, and more than half pf them still won't know who you are talking about when they do look it up. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Phoebe Cates !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, who doesn't remember Phoebe Cates?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
A Wild, Wild West Kenneth Branagh A3 auto went unsold twice at 49.99 yesterday and late last month. I haven't seen a Kevin Kline autograph sell this year.

The Salma Hayek A15 has a bit of a range from $465 to $1400 with another sale of $1094. The $465 sale looks like a great deal as the card appeared to be in slightly better condition than the $1400 one.

Branagh is a great actor! Pretty sure this is the only place you can get a Ted Lavine or M. Emmett Walsh autograph.

I just wish Kline would put a bug in his wife's ear to sign some cards! My Judge Reinhold and Jennifer Jason Leigh sigs need a friend. Cool

Walsh is in the "Adventure Time" animated series set from Cryptozoic, which is where I finally got him for my collection. It pictures his cartoon character from the show instead of the man himself, unfortunately, however the signature is just as delightfully fanciful as on his Wild Wild West card, and likewise on-card, which is nice.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, who doesn't remember Phoebe Cates?

Hey Jess,

You mean besides anyone who wasn't a teenage boy around 1982 - 1984? Big Grin

She pretty much retired after she married Kline, except for a handful of small appearances, so its probably fond memories of Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Gremlins that would drive any demand.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/28448...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Salma Hayek just sold for $1099 on a true auction

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Her "Eternals" appearance could add some heat, and the same for the Madden & Harrington autos from the Game of Thrones set.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A couple of days ago, a Barry Sonnenfeld autograph sold for just $6.50 and two others recently went for even less ($3.25 and $3.99). At least one sold in that range last year. I don't think I've seen his "Men in Black 2" auto sell but it's rarely offered. I would have assumed his autograph would be at least a $25 card given his career while also being aware that the Wild Wild West one would be the less-desired of the two.

Stills said, "Love the one you're with" and I'm saying grab the super-cheap, undervalued autograph card.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I paid $59 for the Kline auto and $33.75 for the Branagh auto back in 2006.
Plus $12.19 for Sonnefeld, $14.19 for Frederique Van Der Wal and $8.05 for Musetta Vander.
All from the same seller over 3 days.

Very good memory or do you keep track of all your purchases?
I can only remember a very few, here and there.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
A couple of days ago, a Barry Sonnenfeld autograph sold for just $6.50 and two others recently went for even less ($3.25 and $3.99). At least one sold in that range last year. I don't think I've seen his "Men in Black 2" auto sell but it's rarely offered. I would have assumed his autograph would be at least a $25 card given his career while also being aware that the Wild Wild West one would be the less-desired of the two.

Stills said, "Love the one you're with" and I'm saying grab the super-cheap, undervalued autograph card.

The Sidney Pollack Twilight Zone autograph doesn’t go for what I think it’s worth. He directed in and acted in a lot of great films, including Tootsie.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jademaliburoad:
quote:
I paid $59 for the Kline auto and $33.75 for the Branagh auto back in 2006.
Plus $12.19 for Sonnefeld, $14.19 for Frederique Van Der Wal and $8.05 for Musetta Vander.
All from the same seller over 3 days.

Very good memory or do you keep track of all your purchases?
I can only remember a very few, here and there.

I hadn't deleted my win emails from ebay.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:

The Sidney Pollack Twilight Zone autograph doesn’t go for what I think it’s worth. He directed in and acted in a lot of great films, including Tootsie.

There are a lot of Twilight Zone that seem to bizarrely cheap in addition to the Pollack. Dennis Weaver, Mickey Rooney, Ed Asner ...

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are a lot of Twilight Zone that seem to bizarrely cheap in addition to the Pollack. Dennis Weaver, Mickey Rooney, Ed Asner ...

Great names, great actors, but little current demand. So there are few competing bidders willing to pay what they should be worth.

A couple of weeks ago there was a question on Jeopardy that referred to the 30's and Greta Garbo. None of the Brainiacs could name her, despite her having been the leading actress of her time.

Just ask random people how many of the Twilight Zone signers they can name by looking at their faces? Even many of the older ones may not know these actors anymore, forget about the under 40s. They say celluloid heroes live forever, but they don't. They get replaced by newer models and fade away.

The Twilight Zone autograph cards are the best collection of golden age actors signing in any card product and nearly EVERY signature is beautiful to look at too. Only a few carry any demand or higher value because collectors who know who the actors are already have the cards, and those who don't know them, don't need them.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Raven,

Did you see the episode of "Jeopardy" last year in which none of the contestants were able to identify the actor in the photo...James Garner. Each of them appeared to be at least in their 30's.

Jess

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey Jess,

I believe it, even though he did many films as well as long running TV shows. Maybe few would remember as far back as Mavrick, but The Rockford Files still plays on the oldies station. Only you have to be an oldie to be watching it I guess. Wink

It also works in reverse though. I hear the names of some hot singers, actors, DJs, youtube stars and my favorite new occupation, the Social Influencers. I don't even know who the heck they are, and most of the time when I find out, I think their "followers" must be fools. Big Grin

There's a time warp going on. I used to be so hooked in, now I can't even find the plug. Roll Eyes

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right, Sydney Pollack is a director who accomplished a lot over decades. He directed one of my favorite movies, "Three Days of the Condor." His autograph has been going for $10-15. I would've guessed more than that.

quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
quote: