Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Promo Card Zoom Meeting
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promo Card Zoom Meeting
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Hammer,

I can certainly sympathize because this one was the first one I've been able to attend and I was late. It's a challenge to set up a meeting for maximum attendance and not just because of all the time zones potentially involved. Some people are up before sunrise and some go to bed in the wee hours. Some have been working irregular hours at a store or warehouse or at home even before the pandemic. Of course, Promoking has to have a couple of hours free and he has to dodge last-minute things in his own life to stick to the start time he set weeks before.

Maybe someone in Europe could host a meeting and we can see how many of us can attend that.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Again, I was hoping to join but 11.30pm UK time is a bit late. Glad you are having fun

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hi Hammer,

I can certainly sympathize because this one was the first one I've been able to attend and I was late. It's a challenge to set up a meeting for maximum attendance and not just because of all the time zones potentially involved. Some people are up before sunrise and some go to bed in the wee hours. Some have been working irregular hours at a store or warehouse or at home even before the pandemic. Of course, Promoking has to have a couple of hours free and he has to dodge last-minute things in his own life to stick to the start time he set weeks before.

Maybe someone in Europe could host a meeting and we can see how many of us can attend that.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Again, I was hoping to join but 11.30pm UK time is a bit late. Glad you are having fun

I'm not complaining. I attended the first one and I fully appreciate EVERYTHING that goes into organising something.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day Hammer and Cats, hope you can make the next meeting, My last attendance was only brief but great to see everyone. I'd be interested also in a Euro timezone promo zoom Thumb Up

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Missed it again by a couple of hours. I'm on Pacific time. Didn't see a notice or link in my email. Oh well. Try again next time.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day Ace of Hearts, I'll make sure Albert sends you the info on the next meeting. maybe email him or send me your details and I'll happily pass them on to him (Promoking) Wavey

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hello friends!

I hope everyone had a nice summer. I am scheduling a "promo card talk" pow-wow on Sunday October 23rd, at 7:30PM United States Eastern Standard Time.

AS always, the get together will focus on a question-and-answer session. I would like to bring up a couple of discussion points about the hobby generally and regarding particular promos specifically. The rest is up to the participants.

If you even have a remote interest in collecting promos or just want to ask a question about a specific one, please join us.

Forward an email to: promoking@aol.com indicating your desire to be included. Once you do, I will send you a return email with the Conference ID and password to access the meeting. The meeting will last approximately an hour to one and a half hour and will begin promptly at that time.

It's always great to see old friends and meet new ones!

Promoking

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I apologize to those who have emailed me requesting the ZOOM login info. I haven't forgotten you, but I've been really busy with work. I will get it done before the week's end.

Please join us!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update reminding everyone about the upcoming promo card ZOOM meeting this Sunday. Drop me an email promoking@aol.com requesting the ID and password. See you there.
Promoking

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Final reminder!

Promo card ZOOM meeting, tomorrow Sunday, October 23rd @7:30PM EST.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I joined the promo card ZOOM meeting this afternoon. Thanks to Promoking for hosting it. There were four of us representing far-flung points on the globe: New Zealand, Costa Rica, northern California, and New England. We talked about a variety of topics including those DC art cards that were inserted with metal figures of DC characters (examples below). I believe the packaging identifies them as "DC Comics Super Heroes Collector Cards" from 1990. Todd confirmed that it's a 10 card set and that the "Batman Movie Special" card was inserted in a special two-pack of the figures.

Piko showed a rare oversized Spider-Man Flavor-ice card and I showed a copy of the book, "Comic Cards and Their Prices by Stuart Wells III (Wallace-Homestead Book Company, 1994), a useful reference for anyone who collects trading cards or early comic cards in particular. Promoking showed an acetate promo I hadn't seen before. It celebrates old monster movies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed it. I was planning to join but time got the better of me. Next time I will make it

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
Sorry I missed it. I was planning to join but time got the better of me. Next time I will make it

Looking forward to it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
promoking@aol.com

Sent you an email... :-)

Posts: 71 | Location: Province of Quebec | Registered: March 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Calling all collectors whose interest in promo cards has been piqued(even a little)!

The next ZOOM meeting will take place on Sunday, December 18th, at 6:00PM EST. This session will be devoted to Marvel promo cards issued throughout the decades with a show and tell from yours truly! There will also be a general question-and-answer period. If you've never participated in one of these, they are fun and always informative. Promo card collecting is getting hotter and now is the time to learn more about this fascinating and challenging sub-hobby.

If you are interested in participating, please forward an email to: promoking@aol.com indicating your desire to be included. Once you do so, I will send you a return email with the Conference ID and password to access the meeting. The meeting will last approximately an hour and a half.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
My apologies but due to unforeseen circumstances, tonight's ZOOM meeting is canceled.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's okay. I would've missed it - tough to do squeeze in extra things to do this time of year. I seem to spend a lot of time raking leaves in December. Maybe some time in January?

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
My apologies but due to unforeseen circumstances, tonight's ZOOM meeting is canceled.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
The next ZOOM meeting will take place on Sunday, January 29th, at 6:00PM EST. This session will be devoted to unreleased and recalled promo cards with a show and tell pictorial. There will also be a general question-and-answer period. If you've never participated in one of these, they are fun and always informative. Promo card collecting is getting hotter and now is the time to learn more about this fascinating and challenging sub-hobby.

If you are interested in participating, please forward an email to: promoking@aol.com indicating your desire to be included. Once you do so, I will send you a return email with the Conference ID and password to access the meeting. The meeting will last approximately an hour and a half.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, the meetings are always interesting. Whether you're a new kid or old-timer, you learn something else about promos.

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
The next ZOOM meeting will take place on Sunday, January 29th, at 6:00PM EST. This session will be devoted to unreleased and recalled promo cards with a show and tell pictorial. There will also be a general question-and-answer period. If you've never participated in one of these, they are fun and always informative. Promo card collecting is getting hotter and now is the time to learn more about this fascinating and challenging sub-hobby.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Just a quick reminder about this Sunday's upcoming ZOOM meeting.

See you then!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Last call to participate in tonight's promo card ZOOM meeting at 6PM Eastern time!