Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Promo Card Zoom Meeting
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promo Card Zoom Meeting
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day Albert, just checking I've got my timezone right, that will make it 10am Tuesday 9th feb, Sydney time for me...all good Thumb Up

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
We've had a great response for Monday night's promo card zoom meeting. I will send out an invitation to anyone else who may still be interested. please send your email to me, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time tomorrow night.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I emailed but never received an invitation.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Sent email on January 28.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

I'm sorry I missed the meeting. I had deliver some documents today at 230 and couldn't get back home fast enough. I was going to try to join at the home office but school was in session. I hope to hear what went on.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Email sent.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was able to attend 2/3 of the meeting before I had to leave for the supermarket. Sorry that I was driving in my car for most of it while trying to stay on Zoom. I really enjoyed seeing Todd, Albert, Steve, Zane and everyone else. I hope to make the next meeting!

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting the first zoom meeting up and running, hope everything went well and this will be the first of many. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
For a first meeting, everything went off without a hitch. We had a full house and the meeting lasted one and a half hours with everyone enjoying the cookies and the fruit punch.
We'll definitely have another next month. Date and time to be announced. We missed several of you, who signed up but couldn't make it for one reason or another. I hope you and anyone else who wants to participate will attend the next gathering. All future announcements concerning upcoming meetings will be posted in the "promo card" section of CardTalk and not on this thread. Thanks to everyone who was there!! See you again in March.

Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
The Zoom meeting was a lot of fun. Thanks for putting this together and looking forward to the next one.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was a moment to put faces to names
And I had a good time listening to the subjects that were discussed.
Time flew and I think it could of gone on for another hour
But the Time differences do make it harder to get everybody together
All over a really good first effort

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What were the subjects? Let the discussions continue on Card Talk.

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
It was a moment to put faces to names
And I had a good time listening to the subjects that were discussed.
Time flew and I think it could of gone on for another hour
But the Time differences do make it harder to get everybody together
All over a really good first effort

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't get the email sooner. I would have been there.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The main topic was supposed to be the early marvel promos
But Grading was discussed as well as what was considered the earliest promo card
PC Todd showed some of the large collection that he recently purchased
Some other members showed some of their cardsAs well there was a small discussion on promo cards from Australian issues
Although time seemed to fly I thought that it was a really good effort as there was not a agenda put out I thioght that all in it was a good meeting
Perhaps there could be a bit of an agenda notified for the next one but if not all good
I thought that it was a very good effort for the first one

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
The second promo card ZOOM meeting is currently scheduled for Monday, March 8, 2021 starting at 5:30 PM Eastern Standard Time(USA). Please email me if you would like to participate and I will send you the link for the meeting. include the words "PROMO CARD ZOOM MEETING" in the subject area.

For those who participated in the first one, please send me another email requesting access again. After the second meeting it will become automatic but not yet.

NOTE: this get together is open to anyone who has an interest in cards dubbed "promotional". The first meeting was a lot of fun and substantial info was shared among the participants. I look forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully some new faces as well!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Just a quick reminder that the next promo card zoom meeting is one week from today. The topic will be: rare promo cards part I . If you would like to participate please read the first few entries on this thread.

Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Got the invite for the PROMO CARD ZOOM MEETING, but no password was attached so I am unable to join.

Hope others were able to join and have a good discussion

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Same here.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
My apologies to everyone who was attempting to log on. I had major issues connecting to zoom. I eventually had to download it onto another device and by the time I logged on, everyone had left... I want to reschedule the meeting for next Monday. I will confirm time here soon.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Me too