Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Do Kevin Spacey 'Superman Returns' cards...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do Kevin Spacey 'Superman Returns' cards...
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have never had a problem with stickers it's still an autograph. I actually think wanting a card because someone touched it is creepy I mean really? Shake Head

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, that's one way to look at it, haha.
I would say it's not just cards, though. Would you prefer a baseball signed by your favorite player or a signed sticker adhered to the baseball?
For whatever the reason, most would prefer the ball was actually signed. I don't mind sticker autographs cards personally and have a goodly number of them in my collection. I'd say that it has more to do with the person actually knowing what it was that they signed, as opposed to them having touched the item is where the difference comes in.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I have never had a problem with stickers it's still an autograph. I actually think wanting a card because someone touched it is creepy I mean really? Shake Head

Yeah, you never know where their fingers have been. Eek

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Still one of the strangest anomalies for me is the Thunderbirds Ben Kingsley autograph routinely selling for under $30. I have picked up 3 because I cant pass up the price for this Academy Award winning actor. My lowest price paid was $19.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
One of the greatest of all time, I've been meaning to get one of those...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So Kevin Spacey is in the news today, unfortunately not for good reasons.

However, before this news arose, I too was thinking the other day, how I have never seen his Superman Returns auto come up for auction. Has anyone seen it over the years, you know where ? I have the other autos on the Topps set

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Think you might find a discount now? Wink

No, that seems like a really tough card. I've never really looked for it because the price could be cut in half and it would still be too high for me, but I have not come across it by accident either. I have no idea how many he signed.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
It has been a few years but I did see one on that auction site. It has a buy it now price that was way over my budget. I looked at the listed and moved on. So, I know 1 is out there!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there was one on ebay in March 2016 with an asking price of $ 1,150.00

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have one but I didn't buy it on Ebay.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did you pull it from a pack ?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No, I bought it from a dealer. It wasn't cheap.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen several of them on eBay over the years. About 3 or 4 years ago one turned up at "Buy It Now" $275 but after deliberating on it for more than an hour I ended up passing because the autograph sticker on it was a little crooked. It made me question the authenticity as the placement of Topps' stickers was something I never paid much attention to until then. But a few years later now and I've seen many Topps sticker autographs that aren't perfectly straight and centered. So I'm sure it was fine and I've always regretted not buying it.

I've never owned the card and I don't know how I feel about going after one now. Kevin Spacey has always been one of my 5-10 favorite actors. I'm a huge fan of "The Usual Suspects", "American Beauty", and "K-PAX". But these recent allegations are quite disturbing to say the least and leave a bad taste in my mouth about chasing one of these cards. I still like him as an actor but lost a lot of respect for him as a person. How do you separate the two? Not sure I could. Shake Head

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now there are additional allegations of harassment and "touching' from the UK

And they rescinded his International Emmy Founders award

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think he touched the autograph sticker on my card too. The cad!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I think he touched the autograph sticker on my card too. The cad!

OK, I know I shouldn't laugh, but that WAS funny. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now about 8 people on the set of House of Cards are accusing him of inappropriate behavior.

Based upon this, it seems like his show is all but finished--as is Mr. Spacey's career.

posted Hide Post
Based on the news reports, it will be interesting to see how the values of this card are affected. Instinct says they will drop precipitously, but they don't show up often enough as it is.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post