Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    NSU Card Talk Star! Cards Up For Auction
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU Card Talk Star! Cards Up For Auction
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

We listed two very special cards today on eBay. 100 percent of the proceeds will go to A.C.T.O.R. (A Commitment To Our Roots), as part of the charity effort that we have been talking about (see this thread and please contribute if you can).

The two cards on eBay are part of the NSU Card Talk Star! Cards that our own "Quaint1" (Paul) has created for the past Memorabilia shows in Birmingham, England. Each show, Paul has created three cards -- one for the subject, one for himself, and one for charity. These particular two cards actually started out as a charity items themselves. We auctioned off the right to be featured on Paul's next at last Spring's Philly Non-Sport Card Show card and my father (Marlin Toser) purchased the right for Dee (cause we all know, it's all about Dee Big Grin). After the show, Glenn Leonard ("Gopromoman") approached me to inquire about purchasing the rights for Paul, which he did. Very generous of him! And Paul also very generously agreed to do two sets of cards instead of one. The money raised for the right to be on these cards went to last year's charity recipients: CCFA and the Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation.

Phew! Now that I got that story out of the way, let's move on to the two cards. Below are links to the two auctions:

Dee Robinson NSU Card Talk Star! Card

Paul Maiellaro NSU Card Talk Star! Card

Hope everyone will take a look and bid, if you can. This is something that will give you bragging rights, for sure!

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Is everyone watching these eBay items? Come'on! The money is all going to charity. Don't let Paul and Dee be the high bidders. They already have one of the cards. Don't you want the other one?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I've had a go

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
i've had 2 go's

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
i've had 2 go's

Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Go Hammer, go. Surely you can't let Scifi Cards beat you. Don't you want these U.K. beauties to stay where they were made with such love and craftsmanship?

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You wait till the Wolfie card hits Ebay. The world will go wild and bidding will be massive. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You wait till the Wolfie card hits Ebay

Will never happen - the Wolfie Cards have a hidden device that self-destructs the card if it is ever listed on eBay.
Quaint1 Enterprises HAS the technology... Big Grin

Here's a deal - if the winning bidder on either auction is a registered Card Talker I will send them (upon receipt of proof of purchase) a proof sheet for the 2004 UK Card Talkers promo card I did for the Memorabilia Card Talk meeting, signed by me and printed on glossy A4 photo paper suitable for framing (if you like to do that sort of thing!)
Actually, I don't have one of those - it will be a one off...
Au Res.,
Paul (who would also like to see lots of bids on this, especially as the money goes straight to charity!

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
You wait till the Wolfie card hits Ebay. The world will go wild and bidding will be massive. Big Grin

remember wolfie,no shill bidding Twak Wave

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. I am glad to see that both of these cards are finally getting some action.Harris asked me why I bid on my own card, well, as all or most of you know or realize by now, either by attending our Chicago Expo or by reading the reviews, we support charitible organizations.
We raised about 10,000.00$USD for charity in the last three years. We are very proud of that.We will continue to do charity work and support.
Actor is a very good cause. I want to help where I can. With the responses that our cards have received, I feel that because I already have my own card, This one should go to another very lucky and generous collector.
I am a little surprised,though, that neither one of the cards hit $100.00 yet. Remember folks, charity is a good thing. At the same time, you will be a getting a piece of history that is highly collectible, limited and rare.
In closing, I would also like to say, thanks again Quaint1 for your support and the additional offering to the winning bidder! That is very generous, thank you !
Have a great night everyone and remember, BID-BID-BID!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
i've had 2 go's

Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Go Hammer, go. Surely you can't let Scifi Cards beat you. Don't you want these U.K. beauties to stay where they were made with such love and craftsmanship?

He's got more money than me cos I keep buying stuff from him Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's got more money than me cos I keep buying stuff from him Big Grin

Maybe he's trying to buy these so he can sell them to you. Big Grin Maybe I shouldn't put idea's into Ed's head!

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Seriously, though....We're getting there. These two beauties are over tomorrow (Monday) at 3 PM and 4 PM EST. Just about 17 hours from now. Let's keep it up and see how much we can raise for ACTOR.

Thanks.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Only a couple of hours to go....

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Come On people!!! Only 45 minutes to go! And an hour and 45 minutes for Paul's card.

Can't we get this up higher? Maybe into the three digit-range? Don't forget -- It's all about Dee. Big Grin

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratters to Batman and John Levitt on winning the auctions. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am now the proud owner of the rare Dee card!! I will have to find a prominent spot to display it in the Batroom! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And I will be the proud owner of the Maiellaro card once I receive it.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
I know Batman we can bring it wherever we go, so Dee will be with us.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thank you both, Batman and John. And thanks also to everyone who bid of these two cool cards. Batman's and John's purchases will help us kick of the charity drive for ACTOR with a donation of about $150. That's very good. Thumb Up

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, let me try this again.

Below is an extra goodie that Batman and John Levitt will be receiving with their NSU Card Talk Star cards, as mentioned in Quaint1's post. I had posted an incorrect picture a day or so ago. Sorry about the mix-up.

Here's the image of Quaint1 holding the UK Card Talkers 2004 'mini-proof'.