Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May's Poll
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what that means..half the fun is thinking smile I like to collect cards but I looooove to mull over cards smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
What's so great about a guy with a bow and arrow in the shower??? wink

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Now, look....keep her outta this....us women have suffered 7 of 9 and her clone, T'Pol, loooooong enough on the dcreen and on our cards...we have 7 of9 inserts...7 of 9 autos...7 of 9 extension sets..heck SkyBox even released a card with a little embossed(rasied) figure of 7 of 9 for fellas to enjoy. It's OUR turn for the eye candy smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
:snicker:
Obviously one markets to the audience...but I don't buy the idea that card collecting is as male dominated as it's assumed it is...there's lots of us girlies running around and we must be represented smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Yes, yes, yes!! I like Porthos..... (the beagle for the uninitiated). I think it's those ears and the fact that he gets a lot of cheese from Archer. big grin I think the topic of this thread is deteriorating, so I shall say no more.

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I am primarily a promo collector but have been guilty of purchasing a few preview sets, especially for sets that I like.

I do not consider them promo cards though, just a nice addition to my collection.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love cardboard with pictures on it & if a preview set will give me more of those then I am all for them. -beth

Posts: 45 | Location: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: May 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hey Beth:

Do you know there is a new wave of Disney cards coming out? Upper Deck is doing regular cards and Artbox is going to be doing some of their specialty card (or should I say Cardz) lines.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the news about the Artbox sets in the current issue of NSU but I hadn't heard anything about an Upperdeck set. Do you have any more information on them? -beth

Posts: 45 | Location: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: May 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Diamond Comics is still selling the Disney Authentic boxes by UD

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan! I am sorry but your last post went right over my head. Is that the name of the upperdeck set? And who are Diamond Comics? -beth

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
--- Beth: Perhaps I can assist. Diamond Comics is one of the big distributors of comics, cards, magazines, and other items to the comic & specialty shops. Most refer to them as just Diamond or Diamond Distributors. If you talk to your local shop owner, they'll know who you're talking about.

Checked Upper Deck website for more concrete information but was unable to find any. I contacted them directly and was told that there was no information posted due to "contracting & licensing problems" and that the release date would be hopefully in July'August 2K2 and that the tentative name would be Disney Authentic (subject to change).

Hope this helps.

*** Watcher

Posts: 500 | Location: City, State, Country | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
stcardgeek exclaimed:
quote:
It's OUR turn for the eye candy

Fair enough, but does it HAVE to be ARCHER? big grin

Here's an idea for RA to consider - how about a 'Preview' (or whatever) set of Officers in the buff? Not only could they use Archer in the shower, but Picard (in more than one episode if memory serves), Janeway (in the bath that Chakotay made), Kirk (did he ever appear stripped? Not counting fights smile ), I don't think Sisko ever appeared stripped, but if he did..., Tuvok, B'elanna Torres (I'm pretty shure there was a shower scene in one episode). Could even be stretched to B5 - I'm pretty sure Ivanova appeared nude in one episode (same sort of dream sequence sort of thing that Tuvok did), Xena (well, she WAS a worlord, which coults as an officer), various James Bonds (he WAS a nIntelligence Officer, and a Lt. Commander to boot!)
Even if restricted to shower scenes, ther should be more than enough images to make a decent mini-set. Mind you, the advert in NSU might be tricky... (See Non Skin Update thread) big grin
Just a (drool) thought.
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post