Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    The Non-Sport Update Garage Sale Weekend – September 19–21
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Non-Sport Update Garage Sale Weekend – September 19–21
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
The Non-Sport Update Garage Sale Weekend – September 19 – 21

Got back-to-school/tuition expenses? Got some extra’s laying around that you’d like to turn into cash? Are you trying to raise cash for your next card purchase (or case purchase for dealers)? Why not try the "Garage Sale" and make a few bucks. And here’s the best part – it’s free!

On Friday, September 19, NSU Card Talk will host the first Non-Sport Update Garage Sale Weekend (if you're in the U.K., call it the NSU Car Boot Sale Weekend Big Grin ). During the weekend, any eligible NSU Card Talk members may post items for sale in our retailer's advertiser's forum.

Yes, you heard right – there will be no fees associated with participating in or selling through the NSU Garage Sale Weekend. Try to get terms like that on the auction sites! We'd like this to be an ongoing thing so we’re trying it out and not charging anyone for the first one. If there is a "next time", there will likely be a nominal fee to use the forum's resources. Here are some more specifics:

How does it work?
On Friday, September 19, all eligible NSU Card Talk members may post items for sale in the advertiser's forum. All guidelines and rules found in the "Guidelines and Rules for Card Talk Sellers" post and the "Guidelines and Rules for Card Talk Buyers" (both found in the advertiser's forum) apply and must be followed with the exception of buying a seller's pass. In particular, we must stress that you should not "hype" your ad, or link to it, in any of the discussion forums either in your posts or signature and that you should buy and sell at your own discretion; NSU makes no guarantee about buyers, sellers, or transactions. The event will run through the weekend and late in the day on Sunday, September 21 (or possibly on Monday, September 22), all "Garage Sale" posts will be deleted. Our hope is that you'll sell some items and consider purchasing a regular ad in the advertiser's forum.

Who is eligible?
All NSU Card Talk members in good standing.

What are the fees to participate?
Nada. This is our first "Garage Sale" event and we hope to host others, thus we're kicking off the inaugural event free for all eligible members.

What can I sell through the "Garage Sale"?
You may sell anything card related – cards, boxes, packs, supplies, etc. – basically anything that is regularly discussed on Card Talk.

That's about it. If anyone has questions about the sale, please post them below or send us an e-mail.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a GREAT idea Harris. Thumb Up I can't wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
I love car boot sales you just don't know what you will find Big Grin

Thanks NSU this sounds alot of fun Thumb Up

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What a cool idea!
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
When you post your item and the price you want for it do you also have to say how much the postage will be for the item as this could make or break some of the sales.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Neat-o. Now I just need to get my stuff in gear to get ready Smile Where did I put those little orange price stickers??

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great idea. I'll have to check if there's anything I have for sale.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a great idea.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot everyone! Thanks for all the compliments. I had a little bit of help with this idea.

Wolfie -- Yeah, I guess I see what you mean but yes, you do need to post about posting and such. Unless you are shipping for free. Roll Eyes

Thanks. Hope to see you y'all on the 19th.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this great idea. I am looking forward to it. Now, I just have to get a listing together.

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
This is an awesome thing to do and very cool for Harris and The NSU to do. Can't wait. I think I'm a member in good standing although sometimes I don't stand too good...There's got to be some "Garage Sale Fodder" around here somewhere. Big Grin

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Wow, Harris, that's really great of you! If I can get some stuff together I'll gladly participate!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Great idea!!! Hmmmm.....surely I can find something around here?!?!?! Bouncey

Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
cool, I have to be home that weekend.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in . Thanx
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't suppose that NSU itself will get into the act? Perhaps listing any Non-Sport Update Trading Card Encyclopedia or the Promo Price Guide put out by NSU? Mmmmm...

Bouncey

Posts: 425 | Location: Ada, MI | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully el cheapo... Smile

Posts: 425 | Location: Ada, MI | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I need to find the time to make a list! I should post a few things as well.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cool. Sounds like we'll have some good participation. Hope everyone does well with it.

As for us, s8zaphod, not sure if we will or not. I wouldn't want to compete with everyone else or take away any sales. Eek Maybe, though, we'll see.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Will we be allowed to post pictures of the items?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post