Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    The Non-Sport Update Garage Sale Weekend – September 19–21
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Non-Sport Update Garage Sale Weekend – September 19–21
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris
It was a Great idea, but sadly no one offered to buy my complete inventory so you are stuck with us until someone does, Lyn says Hi and looking forward to seeing you at the NEC in November as of course am I

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sold a bunch of stuff , ready for another one .
Thanx NSU
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Great idea and I hope you can schedule it on a regular basis. Unfortunately I didn't buy from anyone because the autographs I liked went the fastest and some others were posted without a price, I'm not much of a bargainer.Wink

Maybe I'll be able to get in on it the next time though.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
This was a great idea and I hope everyone was able to find something they wanted. I finished almost all my needs for The Sopranos, I need only one puzzle card.
I only bought from one seller, and one other had some items I wanted but they had sold already.

I too tended to avoid the items that did not have a price listed. I encourage all sellers to list a price in the future, it can make a big difference.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I purchased a few cards, so it was good for me. . . unfortunately I didn't have time to put together a list of things for sale. . .

It was fun, hopefully we can see more in the future.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris,
I really enjoyed the garage sale, and I hope there will be more in the future, It was a nice way to make friends and have contact with other non sport collectors. A very nice community feel to it. Kudos to you!

Posts: 9 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had a good time with the Garage Sale as well.
I sold a few items and also bought a few and
just about broke even. I could have spent a lot
more than I did but managed to keep within my
budget. My work schedule this past week didn't
allow me much time to put my sale together so
hopefully we can all do this again sometime.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Made a few purchases of stuff I've been wanting at nice prices. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I made a few sales, made a few purchases, and had a great time doing so. Kinda like going to a card show where you have a table set up, but still get to check out what everybody else has available.

Thanks again to the NSU guys for putting this event on, and I look forward to doing it again!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ditto what everyone else has already communicated.

Thanks Harris, and I'm one of those people that need to check out my auction! I will send email.

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
It was a lot of fun to look through everyone's posts all weekend. I basically broke even with my buying and selling, so no complaints here! Big Grin

I hope you're able to do this again -- I've all ready started working on my list of spares for next time. Wink Thanks, Harris!

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks again everyone. Its really nice to read the comments here. Glad that it worked out for many of you and that you enjoyed seeing what everyone else had to post/sell. I enjoyed it too. I also like that it was something positive for our community (and hey, I didn't even have to break up any fights or bickering through it all!).

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the garage sale was terrific - made some sales and bought some cards - maybe make it a QUARTERLY EVENT - with a small fee to collect to donate to charity - this way everybody wins

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sherlock2:
the garage sale was terrific - made some sales and bought some cards - maybe make it a QUARTERLY EVENT - with a small fee to collect to donate to charity - this way everybody wins

Thanks a lot Sherlock2! Oh, and for charity...how about the charity of NSU ISP expenses? Wink Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I'm very sad because I missed the whole shebang. I got slammed at work and this is the first time I've had to check on CT for about a week. Glad to hear that folks seemed to have a good time!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can we do a pre-Christmas garage sale ?
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a pre Christmas garage sale would be a fabulous thing - I second that emotion!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post