Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Philly Card Talk Gathering II
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Card Talk Gathering II
 Login/Join

Picture of jaico
posted Hide Post
Not many of you know of me, but I will be there also.
I hope to meet some of you.javascript:void(0)
Smile

This will be my first card show. Are there any suggestions on what to bring? Especially for trade, but also just in general for a show.

Thanks, Harry

Posts: 27 | Location: Hamilton, OH | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
My advice for your tradable cards is bring any higher value and or hot cards.
Bring your wants and haves list, it's the worst to pick up duplicates because
you can't remember what you have, or not buy something that you need
because you can't remember. Bring pen & paper for notes on things you might
want to come back to, or to add things or check things off of your lists. I also
bring a card case that holds about 50 single cards, this way you can stow single
cards you pick up, or promos for safekeeping. Maybe even a 150-200 count
cardboard box, depending on what you're thinking of picking up. Shopping bag
if you plan on picking up a couple of boxes (sometimes dealers don't have bags).
There will be artists doing sketches at the show, so if you want a picture of
yourself or some other subject sketched to bring that as well. And don't forget to
wear a good comfortable pair of shoes. Good luck! I'll see you there!

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all
kinds of useful things...like love!"
--Homer Simpson
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
For those of you coming on Fri ....

- (before Sat morning's Card Talk gathering) or just for Fri only, don't forget to stop by the NSU table (if location patterns hold, once you enter the Philly show's section of the convention hall, make a right and walk about 50 feet. It should be located to your left. Say hello to Harris and the NSU gang Wave . Browse through NSU's promos over the years. Big Grin Purchase issues you might have missed, or those alternate covers variants w/exclusive promos. Wink Leave msgs for other Card Talk members. Wavey (Roxanne and Marlin should be further down at her own table. Stop by and say hello to them as well. Smile )

- See you all there Dance Elephant

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never intefere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly with my pain in the A** Job Dan and I wont be there on Friday like we expected, We will be leaving right from my work at 5 PM on Friday and HOPE to be in NJ by 10 PM but we will DEFFINATLY be at the gathering the next morning.....so Mini if you can please please please pick up any promos that you can from Friday :O)

See you all there!!!! CANT WAIT 6 more days!!!!

WHAT??! Did everyone Eat their CRAZY flakes This morning? ~XANDER

~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
....so Mini if you can please please please pick up any promos that you can from Friday --- DisneyChick
- Sent you e-mail, DC. Wavey

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never intefere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vorpmi2
posted Hide Post
Well it is official, I wont be attending. I hadnt said anything but was hoping to sneak away at the last minute, and make the show. Thanks to my furnace, however, that is no longer possibe. Thats right, if you havent guessed, it died and xost me $1800 to have replaced. There goes my card fund for a while.

If you can laugh at yourself....you will always be happy.

Posts: 278 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post