Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April's Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We've posted a new poll for April. This one was suggested by one of the card manufacturers who wonders if collectors "enjoy the hunt" when it comes to promotional cards. Take a moment and vote here:
http://www.nscardcollector.com/cover_poll.shtml

Then, if you have further thoughts on this topic, post them here.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Well, being lazy, I don't want to hunt for promo cards. smile

I guess for those who love the promo cards, hunting might be a fun thing - similar to hunting down the chase cards for a particular set.

I collect the promos for two reasons:

1) they come in my NSU magazine! (yea!)

2) I consider them part of the set (though I don't store them with the main set).

Anthony

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Promos used to be a lot easier to find. Card shops would have some to give away to customers, there were several card related magazines that had promos in them. Now, thankfully, we still have NSU providing us with promos, and now we can get them directly from the manufacturer. But I think one of the best places to get promos is from packs. Comic Images used to include promos rightin packs, maybe two or three per box. I think those companies that create a lot of non-sports sets, like Inkworks or Rittenhouse could include easily do this. How do the rest of you like this idea?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
I think promo cards in packs is a great idea! A little free advertising for the card company and a bit of a collectible too. They could have some "pack only" promo cards for the series, a promo card (or two) for upcoming series and perhaps a promo card (or two) for the card company itself. I think every pack should have a promo card - sorta like another chase card level.

Great idea.

Anthony

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promos are just that! To promote the upcoming card set. Putting them in the packs would just make them chase cards.
And making them hard to find also defeats the promo aspect.
Make em easy to find! Down here in Mo. it's hard enough trying to find stores that handle tradeing cards as it is. Looking all over for em would be extemly hard. Right now I have to drive 2 hours to find anyone that handled the last star wars set.
If it wasn't for the internet I would not be collecting cards.
Make it easy folks please.
Tom

Posts: 2 | Location: moody, mo | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post