Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    John Czop Interview on Card Talk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Czop Interview on Card Talk
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
And now for a little something different...

At the end of this month, we are going to host an online interview with artist John Czop here on Non-Sport Update's Card Talk. John has masterfully created sketch cards for many card series such as The Complete Voyager, Stargate SG-1 Season 5, Farscape Season 3, Marvel Creators Collection '98, Star Trek TOS 35 Anniversary, Marvel Legends, and others. John has also worked for Fleer/SkyBox from '93 to '98 on such sets as Marvel Vision, Casper, Real Monsters, and Marvel Overpower. John’s art can also be found in comics (Marvel, DC, Valiant), magazines (Gear, Fridge), and advertisements.

Many of you will probably know John's name from his two guest appearances at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show or even from his posts here on Card Talk. John has some new work in progress. Look for John’s upcoming work in the Farscape Season 4 set from Rittenhouse Archives, The Hulk set from Topps, and Vampirella and The Crow Legacy sets from Dynamic Forces.

Now here's the fun part. The questions that John will answer will come from Card Talk members. All registered Card Talk members are invited to send me questions for consideration. I'll pick the best ones and ask them to John, two per day, on Card Talk daily for two weeks or so. John will log in and answer them on the forum. The questions and answers will be found in a specially created interview forum beginning May 19th. You'll want to log on each day to see what John has to say. Once the interview has concluded, we'll take the best questions and print them as an interview in a future issue of Non-Sport Update. Each Card Talk member whose question(s) are chosen will get credit both online and in the magazine.

What should you ask John? You might ask him about his working experiences with the various card manufacturers, the creative process, what he collects himself, where he gets his inspiration, who *his* favorite arts are, what the other beings on his home world are like, or anything else (OK, kidding about that last suggestion!).

Not a registered Card Talk user? You can solve that easily enough by clicking on the register link and signing up. It will only take you a few minutes and the best part is it’s free!

So what do you say? Go ahead and submit your questions to me right away. Put on your thinking caps and give me your best questions for John. E-mail them to me at the following e-mail address: h_toser@nonsportupdate.com.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
COOL! Now I just gotta come up with some questions......

kathy warrior counselor

www.geocities.com/warrior_counselor/index.html

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
is a wonderful guy - I had lengthy conversations with both him and Warren Martinek at Philly - he is also a fantastic artist - figure, at philly, he probably pounded out 30-35 sketches! All were well done and many people at the show have commissioned him for future work (I know I did!). This is a fantastic opportunity for the community at large, that is unable to get to the shows, to find out what really makes him tick Smile

and maybe he can be prodded to reveal some "secrets" to us!!!! Big Grin just kidding John!

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"Admiral, there be WHALES here!" - Commander Montgomery Scott

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I love the sketches I've seen that John's done!

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
John is not only a great artist, but a nice guy. This is also one of his originals.

"Finally using an Avatar that depicts my screen name" - DobbySmile

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
didn't I once read that there was a way to order one of his sketches?

kathy warrior counselor

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
his username here is Czop - look him up and email him - $15 per sketch (I think) - if you do mail him, honestly, dont expect to have a sketch by next Friday - he is one busy busy guy - and he is a perfectionist too - if he isnt completely happy with the way it looks... he re-draws it - I watched him and Warren both re-draw several at Philly because they thought something was missing or detail wasnt right, even when I looked at them and thought they were great!

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"Admiral, there be WHALES here!" - Commander Montgomery Scott

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
Cool....I need to do that. I definately want him to take his time and do it right, so I never put a time limit on an artist. Thanks for the info.

kathy warrior counselor

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a note to let everyone know that you may give me more then one question for John. I've received a couple of e-mails thus far with just one question each. Pile 'em on! (within reason, of course) Wink

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Harris,

This is a great idea! I'm very much looking forward to this, and if I can think of a question or two or three or a hundred or a thousand I'll send them your way.

-Bob-

"It's rumored that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez would like to remake 'Casablanca'. This is great news for those who love the film but wish it was terrible."

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of #1hulkfan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for such a great idea.?
Just sent my 4 questions in.. cant wait..

hulkfan Wave

Posts: 171 | Location: San Diego , ca, usa | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
- Sent in my 15 questions in the form (and duration) of an interview session. Wink

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post