Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Link Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Link Guidelines
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Guidelines for posting and not posting links to items for sale

It has recently come to our attention that some clarification is needed regarding posting
links to items for sale so here are some "do's" and "don'ts." These were created by Roxanne (NSU Publisher and my mother Big Grin and Card Talk Moderator Jon Doyle). Thanks Mom and Jon!

DO post links to items of general interest, as long as you are not the seller. Examples of this would be the American Card Catalog or no-longer-available issues of NSU. Collectors might want to own these out-of-print (and no longer printed) items but do not do a daily search. Items that are rarely offered would fit into this category.

DO post links to outrageous postings. If someone is offering a $2.00 card for $50.00 or a Mars Attack set for $25,000, none of our "astute" collectors will be interested in buying these items but we can have some fun. You may also post links to items such as the Disney Cut Signature card, a wholesaler selling a warehouse full of cards—in other words, things out of the norm.

DON'T post links to specific card items, even if you are not the seller. If someone is looking for a particular (for example) Alias autograph, they can do their own searching for this item. The same applies to card albums and card supplies. Do not post links to items that are considered part of the norm. Posting links to these types of items may interfere with Card Talk advertisers.

DON'T post links to other publications. Non-Sport Update pays for the board and posting links to competing publication is not allowable. Discussion of other publications is in poor taste.

DO AND DON'T Non-Sport Update does not consider The Wrapper, Promo Card Encyclopedia or Gum Guide to be competing publications and discussion of these publications is fine. Of course, direct selling or links to sales of these items is not permitted, as it may interfere with Card Talk advertisers.

DON'T advertise. Advertising of any kind is only permitted in the paid advertising section.

These are the basic guidelines. It is impossible to put everything in black and white but, in general, think before you post. There is more detail in the General Card Talk FAQ and we would ask that all Card Talk members familiarize themselves with the FAQ details. Thanks!

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the guidance. While there is still some room for interpretation, this description gives a sense of the philosophy behind the guidelines, which will be useful to us.

Posts: 2203 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris Thumb Up

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris, Roxanne & Jon. Much appreciated Thumb Up

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
As A new edition to the family ,(o.k. Who adopted me???)Thanks for the info. I hope to not confuse everyone - but foul ups do happen.. GO PATS POUND DEM CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elephant Elephant Clap

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
You know I was confused a bit and scared to post any links, but after reading that I think I got it all finally covered. Thank you.

_____
Everything that has a beginning has a beginning.

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post