Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Spring Spruce-Up on Card Talk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Spruce-Up on Card Talk
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

If time permits today, I am going to be doing some cleaning and planting here on Card Talk.

You guys and gals have been asking for some new things. So to give, I need to take. Big Grin

I am clearing out a bunch of older topics. I am working on that now and you might notice some things thinning out.

Also, I have moved a few topics to the Greatest Hits forum. If anyone else wants to nominate any other topics, let me know. I'll say it now, though, that I only will move topics that get a LOT of USEFUL replies. In other words, something that might be of interest to a newbie just starting to collect cards or looking for more information on the Card Talk community.

Having said that, I've moved that silly Ant topic over there. IMO, it doesn't follow anything I said above but I suppose some of you might consider it classic Card Talk. Hey, it's like that extra track you get on the Flock of Seagulls Greatest Hits CD. Big Grin

Planting~ What am I adding? Well, you'll just have to stick around here today and see. And that's just my slick way of saying -- I'm not saying in case I don't get enough time today. I don't want to depress any of you, you know? Razz

OK, so now I am going back to destroying. Big Grin Whack, there goes a shrub. Whack, there goes another patch of weeds. Whack, there goes an oak tree...whooops...shouldn't have chopped that one down. Frown

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Also, I have moved a few topics to the Greatest Hits forum. If anyone else wants to nominate any other topics, let me know. I'll say it now, though, that I only will move topics that get a LOT of USEFUL replies.

Please move at least one topic about redemptions - assuming it's one that would be deleted - (listing the information that Inkworks will typically redeem expired redemptions that they still have the license for and have in stock and to email them to verify). There's a question about that every month or so...

Hmmmmmm gardening - I should do some of that myself at home!

Oh, this is a great notice, but can you give notice next time you prune either of the trade card list areas?

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
That's good Kevin. Thanks for posting that and for reminding us all again. Thumb Up

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The next person to delete my trade lists DIES. Twak

I don,t know how to save them somewhere else.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Psssst Wolfie...write it down somewhere. The good ol pencil and paper method works wonders. Tee hee.... Smile

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
or copy and paste the info onto a wordpad document? Confused

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starwolf1001:
or copy and paste the info onto a wordpad document?

You can also go to your last updated list and click on "file" at the top of your browser then "save page as" then save the page as "Wolfie's Trade List" (html which will open it up in your browser OR text). Think those instructions work for both Netscape and Internet Explorer.

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Huh...
Never mind.
I thought this topic was about
SPRUCE SPRINGsteen.
Shake Head

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
The next person to delete my trade lists DIES. Twak

I don,t know how to save them somewhere else.

probably the easiest sulotion here is to copy and paste it into an email to yourself.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:

You can also go to your last updated list and click on "file" at the top of your browser then "save page as" then save the page as "Wolfie's Trade List" (html which will open it up in your browser OR text). Think those instructions work for both Netscape and Internet Explorer.

Thanks D. I just did this and i seem to have them saved.
If i need to get them back i,ll give you a wave.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
Huh...
Never mind.
I thought this topic was about
SPRUCE SPRINGsteen.
Shake Head

Mike:

It is. It's just that no one else has figured that out yet.

So there you go. April 26th -- SPRevils & SPRust will be released. Discuss...

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The next Conan release from Rittenhouse will feature a new insert---Harris the Destroyer! Look on in Horror as Harris deletes those wayward posts.
This subset will make Mars Attacks look tame!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I can do that you know Barobehere Smile Just you wait - I bet I can get it past Steve and Rob!!!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
oh please do OWM Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
I can do that you know Barobehere Smile Just you wait - I bet I can get it past Steve and Rob!!!

me want a Harris The Destroyer promo card Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Harris,

Just pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease do not delete my trade post!!!!

Thank you mate!!!

You can delete Wolfie's though... i don't need anything from his list Big Grin hehe

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:

You can delete Wolfie's though... i don't need anything from his list Big Grin hehe

Think again as i know diffrent. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Are you sure??? Confused

name one... go on... i dare ya!!! Razz

No dammit.. i double dare ya!!! Smile Mad Smile

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I was looking for this topic.
Did you know that the General Card Discussion forum has 67 pages? I went and visited the 67th page and the topics were dated from 2000 Eek Most of the users I've never heard of, though amazingly some are still with us today, lol!

Hands up anyone who ventures beyond the first couple of pages? Let alone browses through all 67, lol!
I may sometimes be on here at 3am but I'm not *that* bored Wink

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post