Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    January's Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January's Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

We've just posted our online poll for January. Since we are so late in doing so this month, we thought the short voting period would be a good time to try out some new polling software. While the software does display a couple of ads when you look at the voting results, it has several benefits over the software that we previously used. For example, you can now see the voting results without having to vote and we are able to include the poll on the main NSU home page.

We decided to use the poll question suggested by PCE's Todd Jordan in a previous thread. We want to know what you think of the recent announcement that 'N Sync members will make cameos in Star Wars Episode II as aliens in a crowd scene. The scene may or may not make the final cut of the movie.

Vote now by clicking here:NSU January Poll

Then come back here and tell us why you voted the way you did. Also, let us know if you have any problem or thoughts on the new polling software.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveH
posted Hide Post
I don't know whether it's just me, but is this just a way of getting some attention from the press.

I have seen the one of the trailers when I saw Lord of the Rings and wasn't tempted to go and watch the movie, which is a first for a Star Wars Movie.

Is it just me?

Dave.

Posts: 371 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: November 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
No guts, No glory. Perhaps February.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
well, I am flattered you used my idea. My opinion, who give a @#%!! if they are in it or not. I'd like to hear the reasons from people why they don't want the people in the film. As far as I am concerned, it will be the only thing those guys will be able to say they were a part of without being embarrassed in 10 years. Is it a marketing ploy? Yeah, but so is the whole frickin movie. I think it should be atched as a popcorn movie and enjoyed for what it is: a good science fiction story. The end.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say "indifferent", partly because everything I've heard has indicated that, if it happens, they'll have non-speaking extras roles. Also, between how bad Episode I was and listening to the commentary on the Ep I DVD, I'm thoroughly convinced that Lucas is a hack with a big budget. The trailers for Episode II so far do nothing to dispel this belief.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I;m indifferent to having these guys in the film. We have to trust Lucas, he knows what he's doing.
A couple of you stated the scenes frm the upcoming film haven't inspired you to go see it, I disagree. It looks like there's some really great scenes from the film there. Much of the trailers focus on the love story between Amadilia and Anikin, well, we've got to get Luke and Leia's mom and dad together somehow, don't we?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post