Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Who Will Be Member 1000?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Will Be Member 1000?
 Login/Join

Picture of dru'sgarden
posted Hide Post
Elephant You go girl Smile Smile Smile

Phoenix.....Welcome to the JungleWavey

Smile Michelle

+ addicted to cards +

Posts: 495 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phoenix:
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. It's nice to become part of your little community. Thanks also to Harris for the e-mail telling me i was the 1000th member, a very pleasant surprise indeed. I will share with all details of the prize when it arrives.

Well, you will get a *lot* of very cool stuff... I look forward to hearing all the details!

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
Well, you will get a *lot* of very cool stuff... I look forward to hearing all the details!

Indeed!!!!

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted Hide Post
Hi Phoenix - a warm welcome to the boards!

*Mike*
It's funny till someone gets hurt.....
Then its hilarious.

Posts: 829 | Location: United kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Phoenix
Congrats on becoming the 1000 member.Welcome to the board
Wave

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome new members, I am sure you will find NSU and Card Talk a great addition to the hobby. A big THANK YOU to all the people that made this contest awesome.

Posts: 158 | Location: St Augustine,FL USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
--- Phoenix and Barabara C: Wave

- Congratulations to you both.

--- Phoenix:

- Welcome to Card Talk. Wavey

--- Barbara C:

- First, Mouseketeers's contest. Smile
Then the NSU Card Talk 1000th member contest. Big Grin
Next, the NSU Terminator 2 Artbox contest Eek

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe:
--- Barbara C:

- First, Mouseketeers's contest. Smile
Then the NSU Card Talk 1000th member contest. Big Grin
Next, the NSU Terminator 2 Artbox contest Eek

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

I don't know if the cards are stacked in my favor, but I did send in my Terminator 2 contest form at the last minute.

I think I must have "the force" with guessing. Smile

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I received my package yesterday. This was a pleasant surprise. In my box I received packs from many different card sets. I couldn't respond until today because I will filled with pack-opening fever. I received 2 or more packs of most items listed below:

007 40th Anniversary
007 Die Another Day
Farscape Season 4
Complete Highlander
The Muppet Show
Nemesis
ST Animated Adventures
Stargate Season 5
Xena Beauty and Brawn

Alias Season One
Angel Season Three
Andromeda
Buffy Connections
Buffy Evolution
Buffy Season Six
Jurassic Park
MenIn Black II
The Osbournes
The Scorpion King
Smallville Season One
Tomb Raider
Witchblade
X Files Season 8
X Files Season 9

The American Pin Up
Crimson Embrace
Sin City
The Wizard of Oz
WWF Smackdown

I would like to thank Rittenhouse, Inkworks, Comic Images, and NSU for such a nice prize. I didn't get any autograph cards but I did get some very pretty and good quality cards that I had never known about. I am even thinking about collecting other sets now.

Oh, and not to be a smart-aleck, but Harris, when is the next contest? Wink

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
That's a great prize pack! Congrats again on winning Smile

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Paul. My children will be very surprised to see the Angel and Buffy cards waiting for them when they come back from their trip.

They love those two TV shows. I'll make little budding collectors out of them yet! Smile

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Barbara! Dance Drool

So how long did it take you to open all those packs? I would have been done in five minutes tops. I have absolutely no self control when it comes to unopened packs! Big Grin

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Barbara:

Glad you enjoyed the prize! I told you it would be "pack wars"!

By the way, I've mailed off packages to our 1,000th member Phoenix and jamjeffjet, who was almost the 1,000th member. But I have yet to hear from the other two prize-winning Card Talk members (cdectc and schuhdog) even though I've posted here about the contest as well as e-mailed each of them. If you guys (or girls) are out there, please e-mail me to claim your prize!

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara C:
Thank you, Paul. My children will be very surprised to see the Angel and Buffy cards waiting for them when they come back from their trip.

They love those two TV shows. I'll make little budding collectors out of them yet! Smile

Big Grin I'm trying to get my daughter into cards, but she does the "Hulk, smash" still (after all, she's only 2) *LOL*

Regards,

Paul Russell

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
Congratulations Barbara! Dance Drool

So how long did it take you to open all those packs? I would have been done in five minutes tops. I have absolutely no self control when it comes to unopened packs! Big Grin

4 and 1/2 minutes. LOL I had no self-control that day. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hi Barbara:

Glad you enjoyed the prize! I told you it would be "pack wars"!

My children already claimed some of the packs. Thanks again.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Russell:
Big Grin I'm trying to get my daughter into cards, but she does the "Hulk, smash" still (after all, she's only 2) *LOL*

Paul, I can understand how she would not be able to handle the cards by the edges. LOL

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board Phoenix and congrats to Barbara C. Well done to all those who contributed prizes.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Thank you Patdata.

Picture of Flaming Carrot
posted Hide Post
So what did ya get? Bouncey

FC

Posts: 255 | Location: California's Central Valley | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post