Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Who Will Be Member 1000?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Will Be Member 1000?
 Login/Join

Picture of nemesis113
posted Hide Post
Bah I missed winning a prize by one day!! Congrats to all the winners.

Posts: 32 | Location: Palm Harbor, Florida | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to both Phoenix and jamjeffjet!!! Wave

Great guessing, Barbara C! Dance

Congrats on the prizes for all. Clap

I am dying to hear about the packages Phoenix and jamjeffjet received. Please, tell us about them!!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of phoenix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Carrot
Hey Phoenix
So what did ya get?

I haven't received it yet, but being UK based i would not expect it to have arrived yet. I will let you know as soon as it arrives.
The anticipation is starting to grow as i haven't opened any packs for a few weeks. Cool

Posts: 109 | Location: UK | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Phoenix:

It should be there any day now.

quote:
Originally posted by phoenix:
The anticipation is starting to grow as i haven't opened any packs for a few weeks. Cool

I have a feeling you won't be saying this soon. Wink

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone:

I received a message from "jamjeffjet", one of the Card Talk members who just missed out on being the 1,000th member. Here's what he had to say after receiving his prize:

"I am a little illiterate on computers so i am having a little trouble getting on Card Talk. I loved the prize -- over fifty packs of nonsportcards. I pulled a Buffy and Spike Piecework card and Stargate Colonel Jack O'Neil costume material card. Also an autograph from Farscape and Buffy's dad auto and then I got more inserts. So please tell Card Talk I'll be on there soon thank you Non-Sport Update for the prize. I am looking forward to buy the next Non-Sport Update. Jeff"

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!! NSU, you guys are pretty swell! Thumb Up

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of phoenix
posted Hide Post
I finally got to collect my prize today. It has been waiting for me at the post office for a couple of days, and it's the first chance i've had to get it.
I was initially confused by the huge , heavy package Eek waiting for me , especially as i was expecting (to quote Harris, a small prize). I then rushed home eager to get pack busting.

What did i get?
The first box contained a selection of approximately 40 unopened packs from all the main card manufacturers. The selection of packs was the same as that received by Barbara, and listed previously here.

The very first pack opened (Farscape season 4) contained Auto A23 Melinda Jaffer Smile. A good start.
Also found in the packs were
Farscape 4 : X1 Artifex, Q47, BTS47 + 52.
Stargate SG1 Sn5 : Auto WXA4 Herbert Duncanson, D7.
Osbournes : PW2 Pieceworks redemption.
Buffy Connections : HB5.
Angel 3 : PR2.
Witchblade : Q8, L3.
Buffy 6 : H5 Big Grin. Last one needed for set.
Bond 40th : BV14, BE4.
Die Another Day : Montage 1, S6.
Star Trek animated : BC3.
Star trek Nemesis : R2.
Xena Beauty + Brawn : FW5.

Also in the package were two other boxes containing donations from card talk contributors and gathered together by card talk "Contest Czar" Joanna Kohlbus. Angel
There were hundreds of cards, in fact far too many too list, including complete base sets, chase cards, promos, incomplete base sets and singles from many popular sets.
Most notable were :
Star Trek 35th : Louise Sorel Auto.
Star Trek Nemesis : Malachi Thorne Auto.
Dr Who 3 : Maureen O'Brien Auto.
Marvel Creators : George Perez Auto + 2 sketchcards (can't identify the artists).
Base sets of : Angel 1, Angel 3, Xena Season 6, Star wars Evolution, and Muppets 25th Aniv Cool (Great 25 card set).
Also approx 20 promos from Buffy, Angel, Alias, Smallville, Avengers and others that i can cross of my wants list.

Lastly, but not least, also included was a Card Talk T-Shirt. At least i will be easy to spot if i ever make it to one of the conventions over here in the UK.

Finally i would like pass on my sincerest thanks to Harris and Joanna for arranging and administering the prize. Wave.
Also to all the manufacturers who donated prizes.
And of course also a big thank you Wave to all Card Talk contributors for their generosity.
When i get time i will list all the spares i do on the trade board and see if i can help out any of the other members.

Thank You all again.

Posts: 109 | Location: UK | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Nice haul, Phoenix. Welcome to Card Talk!

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
And I'd like to thank everyone who donated prizes for the Great Big Box(es) of Everything -- including the following people :

scificards
Wendi
Angeleyes777
Paul Russell
Ginny
Lesley_W
wolfman_golf
Kristy
mikefitz
mtlhdoc2
Quaint1
xSaBx
ghostrider666
KenBenz
Batman
Andro
And several other members that I know by their names and NOT their handles Frown I'm a bad czar Confused

AND-- We can't forget to thank Kennywood Clap who sent his own package to be included in the "Everything" box.

So, there's my (not-so) brief list of people I wanted to publicly thank. Until the next time I come a'calling - THANK YOU ALL

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk, Phoenix. I 'm sure you're enjoying your prize. Thumb Up

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post