Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Who Will Be Member 1000?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Will Be Member 1000?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
so do you think we've already hit the 1000 and Harris is just keeping it a secret or what?

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think xSaBx is probably right, either that or we haven't reached 1000 yet. Big Grin

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think xSaBx is probably right, either that or we haven't reached 1000 yet.

Lesley

Gee, that couldn't be true! Razz

I'll accept my award at the Comic Con Harris Big Grin

Time for a Miss America moment:
Thank you! Wave
Thank you all! Wave
I'll dedicate this award to all the poor little children in Canada! Wave

"Tro-jan con-doms... Boy, I'd like to live in one of 'em!"- Abe Simpson
http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
Has anyone else noticed that the announcement for the contest is now absent from the main Card Talk page? Makes you wonder... Wink

Wow....I think you are reading too much into that! Eek

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Harris:
Your denials only strengthen my belief that you are up to something. (Explanation: I have the week off and nothing better to do than hang out on Card Talk. Razz)

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
well...?

we could get Harris, tie him to a chair, and make him watch Martha Stewart for 12 hours.

you know, torture him to make him tell us Big Grin

although, that might be too much for anyone Eek

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I think we only have 988 members so far Wink Wink Don't ask how I calculated that number

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
I think we only have 988 members so far Wink Wink Don't ask how I calculated that number

That's cheating!

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:

No offence meant, but I figured out how you did this and you've kinda spoilt the competition (at least for me as I had yet to post a guess)

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Wendi: Shame on you!! For that, you get Twak

But on a more positive note, I am glad you confirmed my suspicions before it was too late.

So as I said in the original post, the rules may be changed. Technically, I am not changing the rules, however, just making a clarification. I am going to reiterate that the prize goes to the 1000th LEGITIMATE member (as determined by me). I've got some registrations on the books for people who have not completed the required fields when they signed up. I have e-mailed them and asked them to complete the fields (i.e. name, location, etc.) but they have gone away and never returned. As they didn't complete the membership process, they were never "approved" for Card Talk. How many do I have? Wouldn't you like to know!

Anyway, the prize will still be given to 1000th legitimate Card Talk member. So if I have 56 of these uncompleted members, the prize goes to member 1056, since I will be deleting the 56 members once we reach the magic number.

Same goes for the pool we have going. The small prize for the Card Talk member who guesses the closest to the day and time the 1000th member joins will be awarded to the Card Talk member who guesses closest to the time the legitimate 1000th member signs up. I am cutting off taking any more predictions now because of this.

And as I said in the original post, if I need to amend the rules again, I reserve the right to do so.

Thanks for your understanding.

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
And i was just going to have my first guess based on nothing but guesswork.

And Wendi,s guesswork.

And Harris,s confirmation of Wendi,s guesswork.

Ok i admit it...I,ve been waiting for someone to let something slip on this and the minute someone does Harris closes the book.

Well that will teach me. Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Darn, sounds like I might have been close if not for those incomplete registrations as my guess is just about 2 1/2 hours away. Ah well, better luck on guessing #2000. Smile

Ash: Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. (Army of Darkness)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Wendi: Shame on you!! For that, you get Twak

Being the honest person that I am, once I had figured out how to work out the current member number, I declared to Harris that I was not going to post a guess. Which quite frankly is a t%$t because I already had a method which could have worked even without knowing the current number Frown

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Picture of #1hulkfan
posted Hide Post
Wanna guess who my son is.???
Maybe I will give up a prize.????
Something green, no maybe something black? no maybe.??
Is this like gambling.

hulkfan Wave

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hi Stan:

Welcome to Card Talk! I think you and Prezkot may be the first Father and Son team here on Card Talk. We have several Father and Daughter dynamic duos but I can't think of any Father/Son (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, would your guess of "8/2 at 11:29" be AM or PM? I gotta be nit-picky, just in case you know!

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at <a href="http://www.nonsportupdate.com" target="_blank">www.nonsportupdate.com</a>

"Please Dont make me ANGRY, you Dont wanna see me ANGRY"

Posts: 171 | Location: San Diego , ca, usa | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I just couldn't resist Angel

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of #1hulkfan
posted Hide Post
quote:

think my quess july 20 still holding...
Wavehulkfan

"Please Dont make me ANGRY, you Dont wanna see me ANGRY"

Posts: 171 | Location: San Diego , ca, usa | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveH
posted Hide Post
I can't beleive that the 1000 member has not been reached by now.

Come on Harris put us out of our misery, who is the 1000 member, and who has won the Competition.

Dave.

Posts: 371 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: November 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Hey, I know I was dead wrong, so I'm not worried anymore Big Grin

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, I know I was dead wrong, so I'm not worried anymore

Lessa

Do you have some insider info, if you know your guess is wrong?

Dave.

Posts: 371 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: November 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
hee hee

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?