Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Who Will Be Member 1000?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Will Be Member 1000?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know we can still guess (if we already hadn't) -- I thought guessing was closed...

I pick August 18th at 12:00 PM EST.

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TalladegaBrad
posted Hide Post
Can my alter-ego take a second shot at this! In fact, I think there are about 7 or 8 of us in here, and they are all clamoring for their own vote! Eek

I've told them that I've already won the contest, and that Harris is waiting for just the right moment to notify me. They don't believe me. Mad

THanks!
thanks
tHAnks
THANKS
thanKs
tHANks . . . from all of us! Big Grin

"All we are is dust in the wind." Kansas circa 1977

Posts: 161 | Location: Birmingham Alabama | Registered: November 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
Can my dog vote? Razz

"Tro-jan con-doms... Boy, I'd like to live in one of 'em!"- Abe Simpson
http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
if you dog can vote, then my cat can vote.
and denying him would set a bad example.
he's handycapable Big Grin

"Is it suppost to be stupid?"
"It's not stupid, it's advanced."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of SlyCy
posted Hide Post
hello,

my son Matt helped me set up an account, and showed me the ropes of card talk.

I'm not really into nonsports cards, except autographs, but am being dragged to Comic Con Wink
So I'll post from time to time.

He said make a guess, so i guess i'll say 8/2 at 11:29

thanks
Stan

Posts: 9 | Location: Arizona, Land Of The Diamondbacks | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Stan:

Welcome to Card Talk! I think you and Prezkot may be the first Father and Son team here on Card Talk. We have several Father and Daughter dynamic duos but I can't think of any Father/Son (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, would your guess of "8/2 at 11:29" be AM or PM? I gotta be nit-picky, just in case you know!

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Welcome to Card Talk! I think you and Prezkot may be the first Father and Son team here on Card Talk. We have several Father and Daughter dynamic duos but I can't think of any Father/Son (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Plus, it would appear there may be a mother/son dynamic emerging, as Sam now has his own 'box of cards'... :->

All the indoctrination is beginning to pay off!

--
xSaBx
Trading Cards a Go-go!
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to send me mail...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mr. Prezkot's dad! Wave

FYI - I have a teenage son and all his friends call me Mrs. Jourdan's mom, I think it's kind of funny so I am passing it along!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of SlyCy
posted Hide Post
sorry for not specifying. I guess it will be 11:29 pm

thank you to everyone who welcomed me

Posts: 9 | Location: Arizona, Land Of The Diamondbacks | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
My guess was yesterday at 9PM...Harris you BETTER not be with holding vital contest winner information lol

WHAT??! Did everyone Eat their CRAZY flakes This morning? ~XANDER
~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
My guess was 30 June - we know *I* didn't get it Smile

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
So far I haven't posted a guess.

I'm waiting for some more to time-out and then I'll take a guess somewhere between all the rest, hopefully giving me a maximum chance of winning. Of course, if I miss the boat then that's alright. I never win anything in any case.

Harris: what happens if your guess expires, but say the 1000 member joins the next day. Does it automatically go to the next person who's got the closest AFTER the actual date/time, or the person closest BEFORE the actual date/time?

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffycards_webmaster:
Harris: what happens if your guess expires, but say the 1000 member joins the next day. Does it automatically go to the next person who's got the closest AFTER the actual date/time, or the person closest BEFORE the actual date/time?

Now there's a good question. I'd personally say closest regardless of before or after, but this is the Harris show Wink

Lessa

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffycards_webmaster:

Sheez! Get all technical on me, why don't you? Big Grin

Actually, I wanted to explain that in the first post but it never quite sounded right. It's the closest period! So if you guess Monday....1000 joins Tuesday.....and the next guess after your guess is Friday.....You win!

That, is of course, the 1000th member hasn't already joined and I am sitting on it. Red Face

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Harris,
Why would you be sitting on it, making us all loonier than we already are, anticipating the big celebration, why Harris, why would you do this to us? Huh, huh, why???

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
[QUOTE]That, is of course, the 1000th member hasn't already joined and I am sitting on it. Red Face

That would just be EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eek

Lessa

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
Harris,
Why would you be sitting on it, making us all loonier than we already are, anticipating the big celebration, why Harris, why would you do this to us? Huh, huh, why???

Because he could. Round here he's the "Big Cheese", the "Head Honcho", "Numero Uno", "El Presidenté".

But more importantly, he could, in fact, just be evil incarnate [insert devil smiley here]

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
Nope, Harris is not evil...I would have seen him at the Evil Doers meetings Razz

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
Harris,

As it happens, I came up with rather an interesting theory on this... what if the person who guessed correctly is going to the San Diego Card Talk Meeting? It would be a great opportunity to present them with a trophy and a prize...

Harris? Any truth to this or is it true that you are Evil Incarnate??? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

--
xSaBx
Trading Cards a Go-go!
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to send me mail...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else noticed that the announcement for the contest is now absent from the main Card Talk page? Makes you wonder... Wink

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post