Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Who Will Be Member 1000?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Will Be Member 1000?
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Have you noticed the membership count on the main page has vanished? Well, it’s hard to believe but we’ve almost reached 1,000 members and in order to celebrate, I’ve created a little promotion.

I’ll be awarding a little something to the thousandth Card Talk member. What is it? A stick of gum? An empty King Kong wrapper? I’m not telling but I will say that a couple of Non-Sport Update’s card manufacturing friends have volunteered to help out. I’d like to make this into a small membership drive to reach our milestone and want this to be about getting card collectors signed up for Card Talk, not people who simply want to win a prize. So I’ve removed the membership count temporarily and will monitor new registration for member 1,000.

I’d like to get a little help from our existing members, please. How can you help? I’m glad you asked. Here’s how your can participate. First of all, tell your non-sport card collecting friends to join Card Talk. Who knows, maybe they’ll be the thousandth member. Second of all, to reward the existing community for our achievement, we’ll conduct a fun little pool (thanks for this suggestion mtlhddoc2!). Guess the day and time that the 1000th member signs up and if you are the closest, we’ll give you a small prize as well. Post your guess below. Whoever has the closest day and time will win. By the way, I guess I should point out that only one guess per member, please, and please don’t try and speculate about the process here on the board -- you’ll only help out your fellow members and you want to be the one who wins the prize, right?

Also, if you are one of the new members signing up, why not take a minute and introduce yourself either here in this thread or in our ongoing “Who Are You?” thread (located here). Tell us what brought you here to Card Talk.

And finally, Harris’s yelling (Harris is always yelling about something or other). Please do not join, or ask your buddy, mother, or cousin to join, simply to be the 1,000th member. It defeats the purpose of Card Talk and doesn’t add anything to our community. I really would like our 1,000th member to be a genuine card collecting fan, just like the rest of us. And if I catch duplicate memberships, I will not honor them (and I’ll make fun of you here on the board Razz). The prize will be given to the 1,000th LEGITIMATE (as determined by me) member. If additional rules for this pool are required, I’ll supply them as warranted. There, you’ve been warned (and yelled at -- sorry)!

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
my guess is:

June 27th at 11pm Eastern time!

And no, you cant pick 11:01! LOL Twak this aint the Price is Right! hehehe, ok, well I guess you could, but then you owe me a Shatner Auto! hehehe Sheep

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick butt; and I'm all out of bubblegum" - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
I will go for June 22nd 7.30 pm

Great idea Harris.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
June 30th @ noon.

I've been trying to talk one of my California-based friends into joining. She has lots to trade & is going to Comic Con Smile I'll try a little harder now Smile

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
July 7th at 7:30 AM

I know this, because that's when I'll be preparing to leave for vacation!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I say July 3rd at 2:40 pm (CST)

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
July 5 at 8:00 PM

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've got one ammendment to add already. I'll consider your guess to be in the Eastern time zone, which is where I am and sort of the "official" time zone of the board since it uses Eastern as the default time in posts, unless you've stated otherwise.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
July 6th 9:27 PM EST

"Don't sound so shocked Clark. Guys do find me attractive, even though I don't have raven hair and the initials L.L." -Chloe

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
June 25th @ 7.15 p.m. GMT

This is like one of those guess the number of jelly beans in the jar contests that you have at fairs. I was always useless at those. Big Grin

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
July 1 12:01 AM.

I saw Dobby post!

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Andro
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Andy.

Posts: 252 | Location: Peterborough, UK | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
July 13th 7:30PM

Dave

...Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did,
but she did it backwards and in high heels!...

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
1pm on June 30th

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Most of the times I've seen so far more or less suggest that the 1000th will be from the American continental landmass! (and it probably will be!)

June 29th - 12.30pm

1000 <sigh> we used to be such a small, cosy gathering... Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
June 29, 7:00 PM Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
how about June 28th at 1:15pm

"Is it suppost to be stupid?"
"It's not stupid, it's advanced."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
June 30th at 0925 hours

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
July 19th at 7:47 pm

"Magic forces black and white,
Reaching out through space and light,
Be he far or be he near,
Bring us the demon Belthazor here." - Prue and Piper

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post