Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Problems With Member "Mark"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems With Member "Mark"
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

I have received a couple of complaints about the Card Talk member named "Mark". And I see that a couple of people have posted that their e-mails to him have been returned. I have recently tried to e-mail him as well and my e-mail was returned as well.

Mark recently posted in the trades area that he is moving. I am temporarily removing Mark's rights from Card Talk in the hopes that his move is the reason for these difficulties and that he will work everything out quickly after the move.

I am going "live" with this and posting it here publically so that everyone who may be in process of sending or receiving from Mark might use caution.

Mark, if you are reading this, please e-mail me to let me know that the problems have been fixed so that I can reinstate you here on the board.

Thanks.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
Harris, Thanx for policeing the board.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
This may be something, those involved may wish to avail themselves of, as it comes under the category of inter-state fraud, which is a felony.

"The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is the law enforcement branch of the U.S. Postal Service, empowered by federal laws and regulations to investigate and enforce over 200 federal statutes related to crimes against the U.S. Mail, the Postal Service and its employees. Postal Inspectors investigate any crime in which the U.S. Mail is used to further a scheme, whether it originated in the mail, by telephone or on the Internet. The use of the U.S. Mail is what makes it a mail fraud issue.

If evidence of a postal-related violation exists, Postal Inspectors may seek prosecutive or administrative action against a violator;

If you feel you've been victimized in a mail fraud scheme that in any way involves the U.S. Mail, submit a Mail Fraud Complaint Form to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.

CLICK HERE for more details, and/or to file a inquiry request.

CLICK HERE for the LA (Louisiana) State Attorney General's Office.

For a list of the State Attorney General's Offices (for all 50 US states), CLICK HERE and scroll down to the bottom ½ of the page. Select the State Attorney General's Office that applies to your state.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I sent Mark some stuff. I hope the move is legete. Even if I get burned I will continue to trade and trust people on Card Talk. The good out number the bad 100 to 1. I hope we don't lose all the things Harris has worked so hard to provide.

Posts: 158 | Location: St Augustine,FL USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Most of the discussion and updates regarding this unfortunate subject ("Mark"/Dakota Hott) is going on in another topic thread in the Trades section. Harris has "anchored" the topic thread to the top of the first page. Or you can just CLICK HERE. If you haven't been following the updates and details on the other discussion thread, you're highly urged to do so, especially if you were involved in a trade with this individual.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
MiniMe Wink
your 100% right in what you posted. I copied & Pasted it between the --- ---
-----------------------------------------------
This may be something, those involved may wish to avail themselves of, as it comes under the category of inter-state fraud, which is a felony.
------------------------------------------------

To the people that got riped off through the US Mail

Just go to your local post office and do the paper work.
IT MIGHT TAKE A WHILE WITH LOTS OF PAPER WORK. BUT GO FOR IT.

Then with the post office. If one person gets there package misplaced one time.
The post office does not do anything .
Because things happen (mail gets lost).
BUT THEY KEEP TRACK OF THE PAPER TRAIL.
But then when it happens to more then a few people with the same person .
The post office takes it a totally different way and will go after the person.
Only if there is a paper trail.
(Were people fill out the right Postal Forms).

SO IF YOU GOT RIPED OFF THROUGH THE MAIL FILL OUT THE COMPLAINT FORM FROM THE POSTAL PEOPLE.

Go to your local post office and they will help you with getting the right forms to fill out or you can use the post-office web sight to get the MAIL FRAUD FORMS.

A while back
A dealer in FLA. riped me off for $5.00
Through the US Mail.
But being I sent payment through the US Mail.
The US Post Office took care of it.
Because the so called Dealer did it to a few other people and not just me.
This cost me more then the $5.00 that I got back.In phone calls , postage stamps ,paper work , to get a replacement money order,ect.
But to me it was well worth every penny of the $5.00. That I got back .
Just to get this Dealer that tried to rip me off.
Because
When I got riped off from the Dealer .
I had to call the big post office.
Because I live in a small town were the local post office only has one postal worker.
That gave me the main phone numbers to call to get the right forms.
This Mail Person in my local post office is really helpful .Then did their job and really helped me get my $5.00 back.
This took me more then three months to get my $5.00 back.

But remember there is FEDERAL laws and State Laws. State Laws vary from State to State.

GOOD LUCK

But always remember if the it sounds to good to be true it probity is.

:smoking:

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post