Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    NSU E-mail Newsletter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU E-mail Newsletter
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
--- Harris : Just got the Premiere edition of the NSU E-mail Newsletter. I think it's a great idea & a natural extension of the NSU magazine and Card Talk Forum. smile

--- Now will this be a quarterly, bi-monthly monthly, bi-weekly or weekly electronic issue? Or was this just a (possibly) one-time event to gauge viewer/reader interest? In any event, keep up the good work! big grin

*** Watcher cool

Posts: 500 | Location: City, State, Country | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
I also thought it was great. This may sound sad, but I got excited when I saw the email from here.

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
What is this newsletter that everyone keeps talking about? I certainly didn't get a copy, nor did my significant other (I read his email smileWhat was in it? Articles? Stuff that wasn't in the regular issue of NSU? I'm curious now.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
You need to allow the adminstrators to send you e-mails. There's a box you need to tick in the Personalize bit of MyPop.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hey All:

Glad you liked the e-mail. Actually, I hadn't planned this to be a regular newsletter...just an e-mail to let members who haven't visited in a while about the newly updated board as well as all members about the San Diego happenings and Buffy variant cover issue.

If you guys and gals really like this, I can keep them coming. I'm sure some of the manufacturers would be willing to supply some timely news for our members and we could keep everyone updated about Card Talk activities.

As for those who haven't received the e-mail yet...don't panic. I'm sending them in waves. I thought I'd be able to send them all at once but the mailing on this initial first try through the script didn't go as seemless as I thought it would. I'll be sending more out shortly to finish things up.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
--- I have a followup idea.
quote:
I'm sure some of the manufacturers would be willing to supply some timely news for our members and we could keep everyone updated about Card Talk activities.

Perhaps they could even have special or early new announcements and/or special offers via the e-mail newsletter for NSU registered members. This incentive could then be announced on the Card Talk Forum and that would probably entice more guests or lurkers to sign up as members or to post their 2¢.

*** Watcher cool

Posts: 500 | Location: City, State, Country | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Harris - the email is a really good idea. So is Watcher's (hi there James wink) I know it's more work for you, but perhaps a general mail once a fortnight would be a good idea.

Rob

"I have come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I'm not sure if I ever received the email -- I'll check my profile, too.

Cards, Inc. sends out a newsletter (opt-in) and I think it's neat.

I think having an NSU newsletter is a nice idea - especially for the in between months while waiting for the magazine.

Looks like I had the checkbox preventing emails from the Admin. My bad. All corrected now. smile

[This message was edited by anthonyd on September 02, 2002 at 05:48 PM.]

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post