Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Site Upgrade on Tuesday, March 23rd
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Site Upgrade on Tuesday, March 23rd
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
yeah, speaking of Karma
if you click on the Go tag (just above), then go to the My Space section, you'll see

Buddies
Groups
Permissions
Notifications
Favorites
More...

then click on Karma

mine says i'm a level 4 <b><font face="Verdana" color="#666666">Silver Card Talk Member</font></b>

1) what the heck is this all about Confused?
2) what the heck is color 666666 Eek?

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Okay, when I used to log in, the front page of the forum had an Icon I could click, and it would list all the new posts since I had last logged in. Very handy, as opposed to checking each folder and topic individually.

Is this feature gone, or hidden, or just not activited in the new format???

OK, let me try answering some of the questions above, one at a time, the best I can.

Bill, as spidergoblin pointed out, you can click on the find drop-down menu, and then click on the link for "New Since your Last Visit". I beleive there is a second way to do this. You can click on the little page looking thingie (that's the technical term Wink) on most screens between "Non-Sport Update's Card Talk" and "Non-Sport Update's Card Talk" in the bread crumb section at the top of pages. There, you'll find links to "New Since your Last Visit" and "Today's Active Topics". You might also notice that if you click on the house icon between the next two items, a menu will allow you to "hop to" other forums. I beleive this is the exact same links that you get via the second submenu in the "Go" menu.

Having said all this, I have found the "New Since Your Last Visit" page to be much less usefull then it was previously. I have a feeling you will agree. It used to just have single line entries and now goes into so much details as to not be usefull. I will have to look into this. If anyone has found a better solution, let me know. And I guess I should say, if you haven't already figured it out, I too am learning this new software and don't claim to be an expert!

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
What do the little dog houses mean? Is there somewhere we can go to get a description of the symbols? Couldn't this have waited until after April 15th??!!! (Just kidding)!

Hi Batman:

Which dog houses? Did you mean the houses I referred to above that have the "Hop to Categories" drop-down menues? Or the house things on the main page that have replaced the lightbulbs? Or did you mean the place where I am now, since Infopop went and changed all this on me, and in turn you'all? Wink

Harris

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aagranata:
ARRRGGGHHH! I can post replies, but I can't start a new thread. Why is that???

Hi aagranata:

Are you still having this trouble? Please let me know either by posting here or sending me an e-mail. Thanks.

Harris

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
Is anyone else having no luck with navigating the pages ?

I assume there should be some form of scroll bar but not here there isn't ( IE6 with all the patches from MSDN & Windows Update )

Hi dis68:

How about you? Are you still have difficulty too? If so, could you ask me specific questions here (or by e-mail) and I will try and help out the best I can (or invite any of y'all who have figured this stuff out to try and help out as well).

Thanks.

Harris

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by New Wave Dave:
Whats with this karma nonsense?

Hi New Wave Dave:

Do you want the simple answer or the long one? Probably the simple one but I'll give you both.

Right now, it doesn't mean much of anything. It's basically just the number of posts you have and a title (Silver Card Talk Member, Gold Card Talk member, etc. when you reach a certain number of posts). Same as we had before, only now it has a name. Before we said you had 244 posts. Now we say you have 244 Karma points. Roll Eyes

If you want the long answer, I'll refer you to Infopop's explanation below:

Essentially replacing UBB.x's Member Title Functionality, eve's Karma system allows each community member to earn points for certain activities across the community. Karma points can be edited by admins, as well.

For the initial release of eve, Karma points will only be earned when a member posts to UBB.x. In future versions, however, points will be able to earned through other actions, including other actions in other modules (like Chime). Eve supports up to 20 Karma levels and you may assign titles for each Karma level.

There, aren't you glad you asked? Smile

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brimaster:
It's a lttle hard to get use to but I like the fact you need to be a member to get to the trading section.

Hi Brimaster:

Thanks. I beleive this started as a suggestion just recently in the Moderators forum. We are giving this a try as a way to help out with two things. First of all, this should add a level of protection in that lurkers can't e-mail you and offer trade. Not that I have anything against lurkers but it's nicer and gives you a better feeling when the trade offer is comming from another community member, doesn't it? The other thing is, perhaps this will encourage some more people (you listening lurkers?) to join the board so that they may join in all the fun and also, so that they too can trade with us.

So, if anyone is reading this and isn't signed up for Card Talk, what are you waiting for? Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starwolf1001:
yeah, speaking of Karma
if you click on the Go tag (just above), then go to the My Space section, you'll see

Buddies
Groups
Permissions
Notifications
Favorites
More...

then click on Karma

mine says i'm a level 4 <font face="Verdana" color="#666666">Silver Card Talk Member</font>

Hi starwolf1001:

In answer to #1, this is where you can change things like your preferences, notifications, etc. Some of this functionality was in the previous release and some of it is new.

In answer to #2, color 666666 is the silver color that the words "Silver Card Talk Member" appears in. It just happens to have that number, similat to you know's number x 2!

Speaking of which, I changed the colors for the bronze, silver and gold titles today. Anyone notice? Like? Dislike? Don't care?

Picture of New Wave Dave
posted Hide Post
Its called bad html coding

quote:
mine says i'm a level 4 <font face="Verdana" color="#666666">Silver Card Talk Member</font>

Posts: 362 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: June 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Harris typed:
Speaking of which, I changed the colors for the bronze, silver and gold titles today. Anyone notice? Like? Dislike? Don't care?

I noticed the color change on my posts Roll Eyes

But didn't care about the other colors Razz til I get there Big Grin.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Kristy and LesleyW:

Try editing your posts again. I have just made some changes and hopefully you should be able to do so now (though with the cumbersome new control panel, don't be surprised if I still have it incorrect!!). Please try and post your results back here.

Thanks.

Harris

Thanks Harris,

Can now edit my posts.

LW

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
OK, it's going to take a little while to get used to, but so far I'm liking it. I shall have to have a full play around to check out everything.

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
It seems ok, a bit different the main problem is Wolfie has already sorted out how to post!!!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I had a card to post in the promo section, and discovered New --> Album instead of Discussion. So i thought i'd give it a go. Very cool Smile I only have the one image for the Album at the moment. When the image is clicked on it *does* enlarge. That's good, because it looks small. Now to see if there are other cards like that and add them to the Album Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
BCW: thats funny, I just email Harris about this exact issue! LOL

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
BCW: thats funny, I just email Harris about this exact issue! LOL

What can I say? Great minds... and all that Smile

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
BCW: thats funny, I just email Harris about this exact issue!

I mentioned this to him last night too, I assumed it was on his 'To Do' list Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
No matter what i do/say its always wrong. Pull the topic then. No-one ever reads, let alone replies, to them anyway. I kill every topic i post in. Why not add one more.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by New Wave Dave:
Its called bad html coding

quote:
mine says i'm a level 4 _<font face="Verdana" color="#666666">Silver Card Talk Member</font>_

Actually Dave, with this new software, there is no way to "hide" the code when viewing "Karma" the code is what causes member titles to display in different colors but for whatever reason, the board software does not allow it to be displayed the same way in the Karma window

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
No matter what i do/say its always wrong. Pull the topic then. No-one ever reads, let alone replies, to them anyway. I kill every topic i post in. Why not add one more.

Star, you did nothing wrong here, this is new to all of us and with the new board, there may be some new space/bandwidth agreements which could allow this sort of thing. I actually like that Photo Album idea but we jut DONT KNOW exactly what it would entail, which is why we posed the message to Harris asking his input.

Now, that being said... there is a way to turn it off in specific forums only and leave it on in others, so, possibly we can change the "Polls" forum, into the Photo Album forum where each album would be "Moderated" (which means all albums woulkd require Harris' approval before being posted) - this may be a way to keep the feature without overloading the baord