Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Site Upgrade on Tuesday, March 23rd
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Site Upgrade on Tuesday, March 23rd
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

Infopop, the software maker for this forum has been working on an upgrade and complete change of their structure for some time now. It's coming here on Tuesday, March 23. I am told that Card Talk will be "transitioned" some time that day but am not sure exactly what time. There will be some downtime that day and they say the forum could be down for up to an hour but in my experience, it could be even longer.

Also, for those who have Card Talk bookmarked directly, rather then coming here through the NSU website, you may have to change your bookmark or you will not be able to reach the forum as the address may change slightly. If you have trouble reaching Card Talk on Tuesday or thereafter, be sure to go to NSU's website www.nonsportupdate.com and click on the Card Talk link. For those that have been nice enough to link to us on your own website, be sure you note the change for that as well.

Finally, I am told once the upgrade has been done, the forum will only work for users of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 5.5+, Netscape 7+, Mozilla, Safari or Opera 7+. This is just about 99 percent of web browsers, according to Infopop. They don't say anything about WebTV users, and I know we have a few users, so hopefully that will still work as well.

I am told we will not lose any data (member profiles, posts, etc.) as a result of this upgrade. So let's hope it's a smooth one!!

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Wens March 24 2004- Tech to Harris, "Yeah, sorry about that, we were able to save about 17% of the site. We won't charge you anything extra for our mistake."

If I could live off of cheeseburgers, pizza, and mountain dew-I would.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
NO! There CAN'T be any downtime - how is Wolfie to make 5000 in record time if he can't post any of his riveting and informative one line posts? Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.paulbines.co.uk

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What, you mean like this one? Smile

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
NO! There CAN'T be any downtime - how is Wolfie to make 5000 in record time if he can't post any of his riveting and informative one line posts? Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

I heard that part of the upgrade is all the post counters will reset to 0. Big Grin

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of....inevitability." Agent Smith

Posts: 856 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just another (very late) reminder that some work will be done here tomorrow. From what I can tell, the forum is liable to look quite differently when it is fully operational again. Hopefully, that will be by late tomorrow.

Once again, you will need to make sure you are using one of the following browsers:

* Internet Explorer 5.5+
* Netscape 7+
* Mozilla
* Safari
* Opera 7+

Other browsers may or may not work.

Thanks.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Lets hope it all goes smoothly, and only Wolfie loses all his posts Big Grin

Dave

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSI Dave:
Lets hope it all goes smoothly, and only Wolfie loses all his posts Big Grin

Of course it won't go smoothly. Have you ever been/taken part in software upgrades? Problems will still be unresolved in 6 months time... Sorry Harris, I mean: "Of course everything will go smoothly. Software upgrades always do. These things are thoroughly tested beforehand and all the glitches sorted out before they are rolled out" Big Grin

-----
"In this life there are nothing but possibilities..."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Software upgrades Frown
I only have one thing to say about that.... MAC OSX! Twak Twak Twak Mad Mad Mad

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Quote of the Week:

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart."
- e e cummings (1894-1962)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Wow, it was down for a whole 5 minutes, and it looks VERY different!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yea, it does look different, huh? I have been hearing grumblings from other forum administrators about bugs and problems with this new version. I welcome any member to post their thoughts or problems (with the new forum software, that is Roll Eyes) here.

My first thing is, where are the borders on the "white" posts?

I am off to look at all the new stuff now and see what's all been changed.

Harris

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I need my sunglasses.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
I need my sunglasses.

Blimey! Pop-up windows to reply in, that's gonna get confusing... and all these icons! Bring back the old layout, all is forgiven

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UKcardboy
posted Hide Post
wow so cool, I really like the new layout, didn't know about till I logged in today. It is going to take ages till I get used to it. Anyway well done Harris, Hope every one else likes it Cool

Posts: 262 | Location: Hampshire,UK | Registered: December 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sarah, Where,s your Moderator insignia gone?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Well when I tried to log on with webtv I could not as my webtv browser is not supported Mad

But I can get here with my 'puter Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
New site update kills all the Mods. Elephant Big Grin

Picture of UKcardboy
posted Hide Post
so what is the karma thing about I have 114 karma points, tell me more Bouncey Bouncey

Posts: 262 | Location: Hampshire,UK | Registered: December 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
New site update kills all the Mods. Elephant Big Grin

Plus, Harris is no longer an Administrator Big Grin

I will briefly revel in my Gold Status before Harris works out how to make me Moddy...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UKcardboy
posted Hide Post
never mind just found the help section, cool idea i think