Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Early May Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early May Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

We've just posted the poll for early May. This month, we are going to have two polls.

For early May, we want to know you thoughts on whether you think The X-Men 2 or The Matrix Reloaded will do better at the box office, both during their opening weekend and overall.

You can vote by either clicking here or using the "Monthly Poll" link at the top of this page.

Once you vote, come back here and discuss it.

If you'd like to view results of our previous polls, click here.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I'm it! I'm first! I beat MiniMe, and Mtlhddoc at something!!!! Big Grin

"Finally using an Avatar that depicts my screen name" - DobbySmile

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
P.S. I voted that Matrix would do better both ways.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I cant wait to see X-Men but I think Matrix is the hottest franchise in the world right now, I just cant see X-Men doing better

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"Admiral, there be WHALES here!" - Commander Montgomery Scott

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
WHHHOOOOHHHOOO.

When,s the powerpuff girls sequel. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
While I'm looking forward to the X-MEN 2 movie,
I really don't think it's going to have the horses to leave the Matrix behind. All in all, it's going to be a rockin' season for action fliks. (Just no giant Hulks, please Roll Eyes ).

Find out what you like in life... and collect it!

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
- I believe that "X2" will do well but not enough to surpass "Matrix: Reloaded".

quote:
I'm it! I'm first! I beat MiniMe, and Mtlhddoc at something!!!! --- DoobytheHouseElf
- Yeah, but if you were where I was at the time of your post, you'd probably wished we were in opposite places. CLICK HERE to see what I'm talking about. Big Grin

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I voted that the Matrix will do better opening weekand and overall. I'll even make an opening weekend boxoffice prediction of $54 million for X2 and $72 million for The Matrix Reloaded.

Anya:
All I'm saying is soulless Spike would have me upsidedown and halfway to happyland by now.

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I'll even make an opening weekend boxoffice prediction of $54 million for X2 and $72 million for The Matrix Reloaded.

I agree about The Matrix being top, but I think that the opening weekends will be closer to $70m X-Men and $90m Matrix.

-Bob-

"It's rumored that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez would like to remake 'Casablanca'. This is great news for those who love the film but wish it was terrible."

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
- I know this wasn't listed in the poll, but where do you all think "Terminator 3" will fit into all this? Will it TERMINATE the competition or will it be wiped from existance?

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think T3 will do well, but to me it hasn't seemed to get the same buzz as the other three (hulk included). Maybe closer to release it will pick up steam. T3 should bring a lot of older people, that may not care about the X-Men, or Matrix, but have seen the previous two films in the 80's. That may broaded the audience. Time will tell.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I'd have to agree about T3. I'm getting no buzz at all about it, and usually my customers are talking about a big film like that for months before it opens. Right now, my gut feeling is that it will do well, but be a disappointment for such a big film. Time will tell.

-Bob-

"It's rumored that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez would like to remake 'Casablanca'. This is great news for those who love the film but wish it was terrible."

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Of course I picked Matrix Reloaded to out sell and be the top seller! It may not be the biggest Blockbuster of the Summer but I already want to see it on opening day . I may even wait to see X2 that same day and make it a double feature!

Razz

Twinkle, twinkle little star how I wonder who you are?
*Charstar*

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
X2 opened with about 85 million. But it was the first movie to open worldwide simultaneously. But both movies doing well is nothing but good for the entertainment buisiness all around...

Posts: 156 | Location: New York City | Registered: October 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.... I've seen it 3 times already! Awesome!

Posts: 156 | Location: New York City | Registered: October 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
With X2 opening at around $85m domestically, I'll have to bump my Matrix estimate to $100m. If memory serves me right, Spider-Man opened at $114m, and I think Matrix might actually beat that.

-Bob-

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Don't forget
- that since the "Matrix: Reloaded" is opening on a THU instead of the traditional FRI, it'll have an extra day's ticket sales count in it's "opening weekend totals". Also take into account a lot of theaters may have Midnight and slighty past midnight showings Wed night (technically Thu morning) to add to that tally. Showings that late are usually reserved for Fri & Sat night showings. Just more factors to figure into your calculations.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Actually Thursday IS the traditional opening day for movies - I remember people standing in line on Wednesday nite to go to the 12am showing of Star Wars - because Technically - it was thursday Morning!

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"Admiral, there be WHALES here!" - Commander Montgomery Scott

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
X-Men 2 opened on Thursday too
Actually Thursday IS the traditional opening day for movies - I remember people standing in line on Wednesday nite to go to the 12am showing of Star Wars - because Technically - it was thursday Morning! --- Mtlhddoc2

- Actually X2's official release date was 05-02-03 (Fri). Wink It may have had a THU NIGHT (12 midnight or 12:30 AM showing which would technically make it Fri morning.) Most movies start Fri, unless it's a summer (or other season) blockbuster trying to extend their "weekend opening revenues" window.

- Or in the case of "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace", Wed 5/19/99, so as to capitalize on the Wed-Sun [and Tue night (technically Wed morning) revenues]. And if anyone is in doubt, I still have the ticket stub to prove it. And I remember that I was one of the few (of practically the entire department that went to see the late night showings) that bothered to show up the next morning for work.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit flummoxed by the whole "Thursday release" of Matrix Reloaded. Since, as has been said, either Friday or (in special cases) Wednesday are the usual release dates for movies, does this mean that they really are opening on Thursday (which is kinda cool in a way, just for -something different and to show that they can) or are they angling for Thursday midnight (technically Friday morning) release? If memory serves me right, the date I saw on the commercial was for Thursday.

-Bob-