Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Board Upgrade
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

We've been experiencing a small glitch on one of the forums as of late (has anyone else noticed it?) and it appears that it is a "known problem" with the version we currently use of our forum software.

We'll be upgrading the board over the weekend and it may be down for a while but hopefully the upgrade will fix the problem and give us a few new features to "play" with. The upgrade will not be as extensive as the last one so don't worry about having to get used to something else new.

Harris

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
--- While Harris gives the system a spoon of sugar to cure its 'hiccups', and gives it a pat on the back to get rid of its 'burps', Kennywood can frame and enjoy his cool ArtBox Spidey FilmCardz AutoGraphCardz. big grin

--- [BTW: Ingesting a teaspoon, or packet, of sugar is a real life rapid remedy for stopping the hiccups; diabetics - you may wish to try something else.] ---

*** Watcher

Posts: 500 | Location: City, State, Country | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Kennywood:

You'll be happy to know that prizes went out on Wednesday. Since this now is "public", let us all know what you think of it when it comes in.

Harris

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hello:

The board update was completed this morning. The new version of our forum software allows for several new possibilities but for now, I have pretty much left things as they were. You will notice several small tweaks, however, and I may implement some of the other new items over the next few days or weeks. Some of the enhancements include
  • A list of "Recent Visitors"/"Who's Online"
  • Post preview (already enabled)
  • Multiple question polls with an optional start and stop time feature
  • Printer-friendly topic view (already enabled)
  • Topic authors may now toggle email notification from on to off and vice-versa by editing their post
  • User avatars
  • More Custom Member Title Levels
Anyone see anything here they'd like? Or dislike?
Also, I'm still seeking input on member titles. Currently, a user is a Junior Member until they hit 31 posts when they become a Member. Several people have e-mailed and said they're 45 years old, why are they called "junior"? Anyone have any suggestions? The board allows us to have many levels so we could be novice collector, collector, expert collector, Paul Bines, etc. based on the number of posts you've made. Either send me an e-mail or post items here if you like.

And finally, if you run into any trouble with the board, please let me know by e-mail or posting here.

Thanks.

Harris

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone have any suggestions? The board allows us to have many levels so we could be novice collector, collector, expert collector, Paul Bines, etc. based on the number of posts you've made.
Oh, now come on!!!
Any clues as to what the 'bug' was? I didn't notice it (and, I suppose given the above somment, I should have.
Avatars? Are they the little piccies I've seen on some other boards - individualised to different posters?
Au Res.,
Paul (now for 500!)

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Paul:

I'm sorry for the fun at your expense. This is just too fun of a target but I'll stop now.

As for the bug...it was minor but I wasn't sure if it would grow into something bigger. Our largest forum, General Card Discussion, was starting to list the wrong thing for the "Last Post." It was listing not the most recent post but the previous post. Then, when you clicked on that forum, the next page was also listing the incorrect "Last Post" and sometimes, not even the same incorrect post as the other place. This only started happening when the forum neared 3,000 posts so maybe that's a magic number or something. I asked the software vendor and they said it was known problem (...just wish I knew about it!).

Finally, yes, Avatars are small images displayed below your name on each of your posts. We can add them if users want them.

Harris