Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    2019 NSU Secret Santa
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NSU Secret Santa
 Login/Join

posted
NSU 2019 Secret Santa

NSU Secret Santa is set up to be a fun community building event. The only information shared will be your CardTalk name (and mailing name), mailing address, age range, and what you would like to receive as a gift. This information will only be shared with your selected Secret Santa.

Participation Rules:
1) You must have been an active member of NSU Card Talk prior to October 2019.
2) If you participate, the minimum approximate value of the item(s) you send must be $20 US according to the October/November 2019 issue of Non-Sport Update. You can send an item worth more if you wish; but, be aware that others are not obligated to do so.
3) You are encouraged to post a note in the 2019 Santa Wish List area under Announcements or in the trade section with the title “Santa Wish List”.
4) Entries MUST be e-mail to: Deena_Suzann@yahoo.com with the Subject “NSU 2019 Secret Santa” by 11:59 PM EST on November 8, 2019. Your recipient will be sent to you by 10 pm EST on November 10, 2019. If you do not receive your name, please e-mail me.
5) Mailing your package to your recipient with tracking is encouraged.
6) Mail the gift to your recipient by Tuesday, December 10th. This should ensure that your recipient will receive their gift by Wednesday, December 25th.
7) Email Deena with the date of shipment and the tracking number (if you have one) once the package is in the mail. I’ll update the list on CardTalk so that we can all see who has gifts on the way.
8) By January 15, 2020, post what you received from your Santa on CardTalk.

On a copy of the form:
1) Fill out your name, contact information, and your age range so that we can be sure your Santa provides an age-appropriate gift.
2) Select your interests. If you have a preference, indicate it with a 1 (first interest), 2 (second interest), and 3 (third interest).
3) Mark if you are willing to ship overseas or only in your own country. If you do not select an option, you will be placed in the willing to mail globally group.
4) Mark what you are willing to send.
5) E-mail your form to Deena_Suzann@yahoo.com with the subject NSU 2019 Secret Santa by 11:59 pm EST on November 8, 2019 (early e-mails are welcome).

2019 NSU Secret Santa Form

Card Talk Name:

Name:

Address (where you would like your Secret Santa to send your gift):

E-mail:

Your Age Range:
[ ] I am 12 years old or younger
[ ] I am 13 to 17 years old
[ ] I am over 18

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Receiving
I am interested in receiving the following type of card(s) as a gift:
[ ] Inserts (all types)
[ ] Inserts (Specify)
[ ] Promo cards
[ ] Sets
[ ] Subscription to Non-Sport Update

I am interested in receiving the following category of card(s):
[ ] Art/Sketch
[ ] Action/Adventure
[ ] Horror/Monster
[ ] Parody
[ ] Sci-fi
[ ] Television/Movies
[ ] Other (please list)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sending
[ ] I will ship my gift to countries other than my own
[ ] I will not ship outside my own country

I am interested in sending the following type of card(s):
[ ] Inserts (all types)
[ ] Inserts (Specify)
[ ] Promo cards
[ ] Sets
[ ] Subscription to Non-Sport Update

I am interested in sending the following category of card(s):
[ ] Art/Sketch
[ ] Action/Adventure
[ ] Horror/Monster
[ ] Parody
[ ] Sci-fi
[ ] Television/Movies
[ ] Other (please list)

Certain members have family connections and/or other connections and would prefer not to be paired with a particular member. Please note member name here:

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Thank you for putting this together once again, Deena! I am in!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Email sent. Thumb Up

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hooray for Secret Santa! Although I haven’t posted much this year and collected even less, I am always up for some Holiday gift-giving fun!

Count me in and thank you Deena for taking the reigns again this year!!

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
How is it going for entrants?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
How is it going for entrants?

7 so far. Usually in the last few days several join.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm in again, almost forgot with all the travelling.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alright, Ed’s in again! Smile We’re up to eight...

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
LAST CHANCE PEOPLE!!!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Graham!

He's quite right. Today's the last day to get your form to me in order to participate.

People will be provided with information regarding their "giftee" this weekend.

Also, for those people have specific wants, please be sure to put that information in the Secret Santa Wish List area!

Thanks to all the participants! And, here's hoping that we have a few more by days end.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It’s been ages since I participated in the Secret Santa. I usually miss the deadline, but I made it this year with less than an hour to spare!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The emails with information regarding the "giftees" have been sent!

Thanks to everyone who is participating! It's time to get to your gift hunting!

If you want to help your Santa and post a wish list, please do so.

Deena

posted Hide Post
All,

December has quickly arrived! It's very close to our recommended shipment date of December 10th.

Thanks to those who have shipped your gifts and let me know. I've updated the participants list with the information that I have thus far. Once you've shipped your gift and/or received your gift, please let me know so that I can update the list with that information.

Happy Holidays to all!

Deena

Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Will there be a Secret Santa for 2020?

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
Will there be a Secret Santa for 2020?

Unfortunatly Rudolph has contracted Covid and Santa is unable to leave the house. Big Grin

With recent problems with the post ( 3 months to go from Canada to Australia ) it could be fraught with problems this time round.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All,

Between the pandemic and the U.S. Postal Service problems, we've decided to skip Secret Santa in 2020.

I look forward to serving as your Secret Santa coordinator next year!!

Deena

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Deena. Clap Wavey

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
All,

Between the pandemic and the U.S. Postal Service problems, we've decided to skip Secret Santa in 2020.

Deena

Good call Deena.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
All,

Deena

Thank you Deena for continuing to do this for us. This is an unusual year, to say the least! I think it's good we hold off a year as well. Let's hope things are much better next year at this time!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post