Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Early June Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early June Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

We've just posted the poll for early June. This time we are asking you about the diversity of trading cards being offered today. Do you feel your needs are being met in that regard? Or are there some types of cards that you feel are not being released?

We'd like you to vote by either clicking here or using the "Monthly Poll" link at the top of this page.

Once you've voted, come back here and discuss it. If you have voted you've like to see more diversity or more types of cards being issued, tell us what you yearn for. I probably should point out that we are not looking for specific set titles you would like to see (there are many posts here on Card Talk about that already), just that you've like to see more kinds of x, y, or z cards.

If you'd like to view results of our previous polls, click here.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i voted kind of...

every couple of years, there seems to be trends.
you know, they seem to put out alot of one kind of product and not enough of another.

but if you are patient, it all comes around Big Grin

"Is it suppost to be stupid?"
"It's not stupid, it's advanced."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
- I voted that there's a nice selection but needs to be a little more diversity. Anyone else notice that the sets releasing are mainly tv or movie related (with a few comic related.) If it weren't for Comic Images upcoming "Artwork of Boris & Julie, this year would be fair devoid of artist based artwork sets. There doesn't seem to be as many as their used to be (espcially after FPG which released most of them, closed). I look forward to the "Artwork of Boris and Julie" set.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who keeps getting the late May poll? Confused

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
Am I the only one who keeps getting the late May poll? Confused

Hi Mouseketeer: You might need to hit refresh or clear out your cache. The easiest thing to try is hitting the F5 key when you are on the Non-Sport Update home page. See if that works for you.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Harris - that did the trick! Smile

I voted that there is enough diversity for me. Sometimes I think it's almost too diverse because I can't afford all the cards I want! Big Grin

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see more sets like the upcoming US history set that push the horizons of the hobby's subject matter.

Of course, my favorite thing is entertainment related sets, and they could go for some more obscure licenses (but risk not making lots of $$$$).

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
In the entertainment realm, I am 100% happy with what is out there.
There are some sets I would like to see but know that there is not likely to be a high profit margin in these sets, so I understand competely why I will never see them!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted no on this one Frown I'm probably not into the sci-fi type stuff as much as other collectors, which there seems to be a lot of these series coming out right now (these series do look great but I don't follow many of the TV shows).

I'd really like to see more animation/comic sets... A few years ago, there seemed to be loads of them...

Best,
Christopher

Posts: 178 | Location: Newbury, UK | Registered: December 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I voted kind of...I love the disney, TMNT, scooby doo, anything non-sci-fi.
I would love to see some HBO series cards, or how about a Charlies Angels - then and now set!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What's out there is pretty good, if you got the bucks to buy it. With the money exchange, it even gets more expensive, but it is something that we in other places have to look at as well. I really wanted to buy a Buffy box, but I also wanted a Xena box, and Xena won out. I have never bought a Buffy box, even though I wanted one, but it comes down to choices. A hundred bucks for a box, is nothing rare, and that is without shipping and taxes. I cannot eat cards, or pay my bills with them, and it has to stay on the backburner as just a hobby.

Frown

Posts: 537 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Actually the exchange rates right now makes it much better for Canadian buyers than it was even a few months ago. A box costing $50 U.S. would only be about $65 Cdn now as opposed to over $80 Cdn not that long ago. As for Buffy boxes, you might find boxes of season 6 and connections in the low 50's (U.S.) if you are patient but all the earlier seasons and Reflections have dried up. Season 4 and Reflections were plentiful for a long time and I was getting the occasional box of each for around $40 for a long time. Season 5 mystifies me, it seems to have dried up overnight shortly after release and boxes are pushing $100 (U.S.) the rare time one appears now.

Willow: "Yeah, I-I know, but... it's a whole night. I don't think I can sleep without her."
Anya: "You can sleep with me. Well, now that came out a lot more lesbian than it sounded in my head."

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hello:

We've just posted the poll for early June.

I can't take part in these polls :-< Unfortunately I'm using a Mac and Safari is not compliant with the Java setup...

Could I nominate someone to vote for me???

--
xSaBx
Trading Cards a Go-go!
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to send me mail...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi xSaBx:

Sorry you are having difficulties with this. I think I read somewhere where our software supplier is working on a fix for Safari problems. In the meantime, unfortunately, I don't think you can nominate someone to vote for you, unless they do not vote themselves, as the script only allows one vote per person. But, at the very least, you can voice your opinions here on the board to each subject at hand.

Hopefully the board will fully work Safari soon.

Take care.

Harris

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I don't know what kind of calenders they have in Harrisburg, but here in Frazer it is definitely mid-June, possibly even late June. Where's the new poll? Confused Big Grin Razz

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
We need more non-sci-fi cards! Bring back TV's Coolest Classics! Wavey

Or better yet more Simspsons! Twak

I've been working on computer-generated cards for sets like MASH, That 70's Show and Psycho, thanks to my primitive computer skills. It should be up next month when I get a domain...

Prezkot- Spongier Than Bob
http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know what kind of calenders they have in Harrisburg, but here in Frazer it is definitely _mid-_June, possibly even _late_ June. Where's the new poll? Confused Big Grin Razz

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Mouse gettin' sassy again, LOOKOUT!

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know what kind of calenders they have in Harrisburg, but here in Frazer it is definitely _mid-_June, possibly even _late_ June. Where's the new poll? Confused Big Grin Razz

Mouseketeer: Why are you always making fun of poor ole Harrisburg?

I'm running late with the late poll (hey, I made a funny Frown). I'll probably wait now until July 1 for the next poll. Stay tuned.

Harris

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I don't make fun of Harrisburg, just the people in it! Wink

(I'm only being silly Harris! Big Grin)

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!