Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Site Outage
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

In case any of you were wondering why Card Talk was down tonight for a while, it is due to a power outage at Infopop's data center. This caused Card Talk (and all other forums hosted by Infopop) to be down for a couple of hours. The site is still running slow and I assume that this is due to Infopop scrambling to bring all of their sites back online.

By the way, Infopop notes that their data center is located in the emergency comm center for all of Seattle, so the power interruption is rather unprecedented. Infopop has various generators in place for this type of thing but due to the nature of this outage, it really caught them by surprise.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i noticed that the site was reeaalllll slow this morning as well Confused

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
itttttttt seeeeeems ookk tooooo meeeeeeee. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Ah! That explains why I couldn't get on last night. Thanks for the explanation Harris!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
It still seems slow now. I took me 25 minuets to open the site, log on and post a reply.

Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets/ Whoops sorry I was distracted by the movie my daughter is watching.

I meant to type, Do you know when the site will be back to normal Harris?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Guess the board has gone down again this evening. Just managed to get on and it's 18.05 UK time.

I'm all on my own here at the moment.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
The Board seems to be working just fine now. Thumb Up Welcome back everyone Wave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

I am sorry about all the issues with Card Talk this weekend. Everything seems to be running fine now though (in fact, and I hate to say it, but the board is now actually running faster for me then I have seen it run in a while).

Here's what Infopop had to say:

The Infopop data center in Seattle suffered a full power outage Friday requiring restart of hundreds of servers. An additional configuration problem triggered by the outage slowed performance and caused intermittent unavailability. Repairs have now been made.

I hope this is the last of it now (fingers crossed). Again, sorry for the problems.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
when ever i see this topic i think i says

quote:
Site Outrage

just me but i tfind it funny

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post