Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forum Upgrade
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello: We upgraded the forum software today. It will allow users to use many new features while still operating similar to the previous version. Now you can search posts, edit your messages, as well as many other new features. NSU will also have new management tools for the board to keep things running smoothly.

We'll be posting more in the next several days. I'm sure questions will come up as everyone gets use to the new board, but for now, go ahead and give it a try!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris,

Thanks for the forum facelift. So far, it looks great! I've tried the search, looked at the FAQ, and went to each of the discussion groups.

The only odd thing is when I first logged in and went to all of the groups, not all of the messages showed up at first. Only saw a few messages in each category (setting was messages in last 20 days). Once I switched to "All messages", then everything started showing up, and then the last 20 days functionality worked.

But other than that, everything looks good. I appreciate your effort in getting the software updated. Looking forward to trying out all of the new capabilities!!!

Mike. big grin

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Mike & Kennywood: Thanks for the input. I hope everyone keeps it coming. I'm sure there will be some kinks to work out with the new software and so user input will probably be the only way to know if there is a problem.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Wow Harris, nice work on the new Card Talk set up. It will take some getting used to, but love the little faces and graphics you can add. Can we add our own scans or graphics to posts? big grin

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I'kll be honest - I was a little worried about what the changes would mean, but I'm impressed! Still pretty straightforward to read and post!
Nice work!
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Mike:

quote:
Can we add our own scans or graphics to posts?

With the new board, you can add pictures and scans in several ways. For example, you might add a picture of a card that you would like to show the group:

or you might add a magazine cover (our new issue that just started shipping):

and you can also include pictures in your signature. You can set up a signature by clicking the "my profile" link and then clicking "view/update profile". In your signature, you might put a picture of your favorite card or a picture of yourself (well, it's not really me, but you get the idea):

Keep in mind that pictures and scans will slow down things for people viewing a particular thread as they take time to load so use them sparingly. To learn more about the various special items that you can include in your posts, click on the "What is UBB Code?" link.

Harris

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: H_Toser ]

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Im a new member (got the tip to come here from the yahoo promo club BTW) and really like the look of the forums (although I do find the site in general to be a bit on the slow side - even with my T1 line) keep up the good work.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post