Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Card Talk Down Time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card Talk Down Time
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

I know this is VERY short notice, but Card Talk will be down for a spell overnight tonight for some server upgrades. We are told that the board will be down approx. 2 hours beginning at Midnight E.S.T. (that's about 20 minutes from now --- Yikes!).

Go sort and organize some cards and check back in a couple of hours. Smile

Sorry again for the short notice.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris. Thumb Up

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
Seems to be up and running . . . .

Was the down time delayed? Or did it take less time than predicted?

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems to be up and running . . . .

Was the down time delayed? Or did it take less time than predicted? --- Angeleyes777

- No, it launched on time. An alternate reality (The NSU-Matrix) was inserted into it's place temporarily. Cool

Certain Coolagents Cool like you and I were able to access certain pockets of reality while the scan and re-construction occurred. Smile

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i haven't had any problems Big Grin

or maybe i have, and i'm just imagining all of this Eek

is this real, or is it memorex Confused

"Is it suppost to be stupid?"
"It's not stupid, it's advanced."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
i haven't had any problems Big Grin

or maybe i have, and i'm just imagining all of this Eek

is this real, or is it memorex Confused --- Starwolf1001

- If you were not here prior to the switch over about 1½ hrs ago, you may not have noticed the dozens of "The page cannot be found" msgs when you attempted to access certain sections, sub-sections or topic threads. As the system progressed in its work, a temporary backup copy was left behind. But if you happened to access the area that it was currently at, you'd be denied access to prevent data corruption. By now, most of the areas members normally access, have been taken care of. Happy trails. Wink

@@@ ScottEvil

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i got on last night at about 10:20, when all the little emoticons were missing

"Is it suppost to be stupid?"
"It's not stupid, it's advanced."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to miss "down time." This isn't going to be a regular occurrence is it? Confused Frown Eek

Must...have...Card...Talk... Big Grin

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
I was fortunate enough to miss "down time." This isn't going to be a regular occurrence is it? Confused Frown Eek

Must...have...Card...Talk... Big Grin[\QUOTE]

Our service provider for the board does maintenance every once in while so this is not too unusual. I probably shouldn't say this but the board seems to be up most of the time these days. There was a time when we switched over to this version of Card Talk when our server (and Card Talk) was down with some frequency.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by angeleyes777:
Was the down time delayed? Or did it take less time than predicted?

I'm not sure. When I looked around midnight, it seemed to be somewhat running but you could tell they were doing something as it looked like the board was experiencing technical difficulties. I am not sure how long it lasted as I logged off quickly thereafter. But from the comments above, it looks like a few you of you also saw the oddities. There wasn't anything unusual reported about the maintenance on the developer's website so I assume things went without a hitch.

As always, I'll try to keep everyone posted as these things come up.

Take care.

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post