Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    October's Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October's Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

We've just posted the poll for October. This time, we're asking about you how you keep track of your want list: scraps of paper? PDA? database? You tell us.

To vote, click here or use the "Monthly Poll" link at the top of this page.

Once you've voted, come back here and discuss it. Perhaps you've come up with a way that we didn't list or an innovative way that others might benefit from. I know this has been discussed before but if you use a pre-made database, you might tell everyone what you are using. Post your thoughts here after you've voted.

If you'd like to view results of our previous polls, click here.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
What want list
I keep 99% of my wants in my head, I go through everything about once a week (the stuff I am working on) and make trades and purchases based on memeory - and yes, I have bought doubles more times than I can count!

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
I tape an index card to the inside of each binder set and list my wants there and just cross them off as I get them...its nice cause I can just take them out of the binder and carry a small stack of index cards with me to a show like I plan on doing when we go to Philly in a WEEK AND A HALF!!!!!
Im not excited honest lol razz

~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Dan: I thought you posted before that you were developing a database of some sort. I thought for sure you would have told us you use that.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
But Developing and Actually USING are 2 different animals! LOL Honestly, I am only making the database for what I HAVE right now - I guess thats halfway to a wantlist, but I just dont have the time to keep track of all my needs frown
I throw some stuff up on my website but thats all stuff I yank outta my brain - trust me, my site only has about 5% of what I have extra and what I need!!!! LOL

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I use a notebook which I painstakingly update 2x a year - for the Philly Shows smile It used to be a small notebook, now it's a full size version and has different sections for chase, autographs, uncut sheets and toy cards. May not be terribly efficient, but it's worked so far -

Joanna

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I am currently working on getting a want/have list together on a spreadsheet. I spend so much time at a computer that it only makes sense. It will also be easier to "give" the list to someone, wether I use copy & paste into an e-mail, or post, or print a paper copy.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i didn't even know i had a want list until i started offering things for trade.

weird that.

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I have everything of importance in a stenography
style notebook. I have an alpha listing of sets with needed numbers. Everything is done in pencil
(#2 wink ) so numbers can be erased as I obtain them. I also use a little up-arrow sign above a number for cards I would like to upgrade.

Find out what you like in life... and collect it!

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I use a piece of paper. It took only once for me to walk into a mall and find a card show going on that i was unaware of. There were 2 dealers selling non-sport singles, and i couldn't remember what i needed.

Now, I bring a 5"x8" piece of paper, folded so it fits in my shirt pocket, with me when ever I go out. After a few months, it has a lot of numbers crossed out, and it's beat up, so I make a new list.
It's not very high-tech, but since i started, I've found singles i need at shops, in antique stores, garage sales, etc.
I have a list on the computer too, so I can print out or e-mail my needs for other collectors.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dune
posted Hide Post
My main want list is stored in a word document on my computer, but with each of the Inkworks set I have, I print out the checklist twice, one for the cards I have ( I tick them off) and one for the cards I want (I highlight the box of each card) and put them in clear plastic covers and keep them infront of each set they relate to in my binders =)
My simple way...
Dune.

~DUNE~<br />http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lotrtradingclub/

Posts: 330 | Location: North East England | Registered: March 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I've triedto have a want list, but failed. Basically if I can remember everything I have in my head, so if I don't have it I want it. want lists...heh heh...as if...

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Hello! I made a reply in another part of this forum!

I actually use three methods..... redundancy (!). I have an up-to-date list of my entire collection on a Word document on my computer. I have an abbreviated "want" list on my Palm Pilot when I go out shopping or to shows (ie Gatecon) and a spread sheet on my computer. I have abandoned my spread sheet and just sticking to the Word document.

I'm disgustingly organized.........

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
--- Harris:

- Is there a way to set the poll to allow multiple answers since I'm sure many of us use different methods depending on the situation. i.e. Database at home, PDA or paper scraps when on the road or at shows. You get the idea.

@@@ ScottEvil cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I keep most of my want list in my head. If I can remember what I want, then I must not want it that much.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I just started cataloging my needs - posted them on my website and put them all on the blank backed inserts that inkworks puts in the packs smile